The Student Room Group

Do you have someone who you can tell ANYTHING to?

Just curious. And I'm not talking about venting anonymously on the Internet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have one friend that I can tell anything to. It doesn't come along very often.
Reply 2
yh, my best friend @Marii_kpop
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Just curious. And I'm not talking about venting anonymously on the Internet

Don't we call these, best friends?
Original post by will'o'wisp
Don't we call these, best friends?
Yeah! But it might not be a best friend, it could be a parent or sibling or even a counsellor; I don't think you would describe those people as best friends :biggrin:
Yeah! But it might not be a best friend, it could be a parent or sibling or even a counsellor; I don't think you would describe those people as best friends :biggrin:

Well a best friend fits the description, but a counselor or family to confide in could work too, depends on how comfortable you are with talking to them about whatever it is you want to talk to them about.
In b4 Allah, God, Jesus, Mary and priests.
Original post by will'o'wisp
Well a best friend fits the description, but a counselor or family to confide in could work too, depends on how comfortable you are with talking to them about whatever it is you want to talk to them about.
Yes you're right, it may be easier with a best friend
Yes, my internet best friend. This sounds weird because we never met before but we message each other every day and we talk about basically everything.
Sure. It's myself :3
Anything? Only myself probably.
Not because I dont trust my friends, I just feel sometimes I need privacy:smile:
Original post by animeamanda1412
yh, my best friend @Marii_kpop

Awww yh same, @animeamanda1412
Original post by Marii_kpop
Awww yh same, @animeamanda1412

Nope...I don't even tell myself everything.
Yeah, why do you ask though? :smile: Come on it's not just curiosity
yeh I have quite a few people on whats app who have come from tsr who i will tell anything to but i don't know them in real life so i guess i don't actually have anyone who i can vent to who i know in the flesh; I'm so lonely lmao
Original post by newttella
Yeah, why do you ask though? :smile: Come on it's not just curiosity
I asked because I just don't have anyone like that (yet) and I was just wondering if I'm the only one :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
yeh I have quite a few people on whats app who have come from tsr who i will tell anything to but i don't know them in real life so i guess i don't actually have anyone who i can vent to who i know in the flesh; I'm so lonely lmao
Aww I'm the same lol
I asked because I just don't have anyone like that (yet) and I was just wondering if I'm the only one :smile:

You're definitely not the only one. There are many people out there who don't feel like they even have one person that they can trust/rely on. It just happens, but the more lonely times will pass eventually if you keep moving forward. Just keep doing what you do and you will meet new people> that's really inevitable (people are everywhere xD).

Well, for me it was just luck to have met this person. I was pretty closed off from the world because I had to move so many times. I actually had to move to a place where I didn't speak the language.

Anyway, I'm sure you will find AT LEAST a good friend eventually. Just stay optimistic. Friends come and go, anyway. It's a part of life. If it is meant to be, then it is meant to be >and that goes for the best of friends too, not just girlfriends/boyfriends. xD At least in my opinion.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by newttella
You're definitely not the only one. There are many people out there who don't feel like they even have one person that they can trust/rely on. It just happens, but the more lonely times will pass eventually if you keep moving forward. Just keep doing what you do and you will meet new people> that's really inevitable (people are everywhere xD).

Well, for me it was just luck to have met this person. I was pretty closed off from the world because I had to move so many times. I actually had to move to a place where I didn't speak the language.

Anyway, I'm sure you will find AT LEAST a good friend eventually. Just stay optimistic. Friends come and go, anyway. It's a part of life. If it is meant to be, then it is meant to be >and that goes for the best of friends too, not just girlfriends/boyfriends. xD At least in my opinion.

Aww thanks for this :smile: I think it may actually change quite soon because I have made a friend, and I'm going to test the waters by being open; I think my issue is that I'm quite closed off like I'm scared of showing negative emotion. My regular friends have never seen me sad or angry. Like how you met your friend, meeting this new friend was luck for me too. I didn't expect it at all.

Can I ask what country it was that you moved to?

And yes, you're so right. There are so many people in the world! Plus I have (hopefully) uni next year so that increases the chances. Thank you again, I needed this positivity!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending