Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling to find the balance... watch

ReputationRep:
    I am struggling to find the balance between my job, college work and my social life.

I have put my job and college work ahead of my social life, but now I'm starting to suffer. I need to find the balance between the three, but still designate at least 12 hours a week to my college studies AND work the hours I have been set, which happen to be Friday 5PM-2AM, Saturday 5PM-2AM and Sunday 5PM-10PM.

Any advice will be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    [hopeful bump]
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It's a really difficult balance to get, and mostly found by trial and error I'm afraid. Have you tried drawing out a timetable for yourself? Even if you don't stick to it, it might help give you an idea. Start off with college classes, then work hours, then times you're most likely to want to be social (including in college), breaks and study hours for different subjects. Try and leave some spares too if you can, and remember eating, sleeping, preferably a little bit of exercise or other hobbies! You'll get there TSR has a study planner/revision timetable tool that you can access from the top bar that could be worth a try as an example one. I'd link it but on the app sorry hope it helps though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    TSR has a study planner/revision timetable tool that you can access from the top bar that could be worth a try as an example one. I'd link it but on the app sorry hope it helps though!
    I've tried using the study planner and it tells me there's an issue and to try again, doesn't matter which PC I use, it just doesn't work. Ah, well. I'll make one myself, thank you very much

Billy
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by A8474)
    I've tried using the study planner and it tells me there's an issue and to try again, doesn't matter which PC I use, it just doesn't work. Ah, well. I'll make one myself, thank you very much

Billy
    Oh okay, that's not great then :/ hope you find something that works! Sorry to not have been more help

(Also Captain Jack - for info!)

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.