Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    Has any of you ever worked (or does any of you still work) at Costa or Starbucks?
    I have applied for a job at both. At the moment I am waiting to hear from them (and hopefully I will).
    When it comes to Costa, I applied online using their website. I filled in an application and submitted it on 3rd November. Do you think I still have a chance to hear from them? I would like to work 30-35 hours a week (I study full time, am 19).
    Regarding Starbucks I filled in an application form and handed it in at one of the Starbucks branches (the one near Victoria to be precise). Though I made a huge mistake I think - I completely forgot to fill in the very first field - my favourite Starbucks drink haha. Does it severely decrease my chance to be invited for an interview?
    How long did you guys wait to hear back from them?
    I would be more than grateful if anyone could share their experience (about working there as well).
    Thanks in advance
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jakub.b)
    Hi guys!
    Has any of you ever worked (or does any of you still work) at Costa or Starbucks?
    I have applied for a job at both. At the moment I am waiting to hear from them (and hopefully I will).
    When it comes to Costa, I applied online using their website. I filled in an application and submitted it on 3rd November. Do you think I still have a chance to hear from them? I would like to work 30-35 hours a week (I study full time, am 19).
    Regarding Starbucks I filled in an application form and handed it in at one of the Starbucks branches (the one near Victoria to be precise). Though I made a huge mistake I think - I completely forgot to fill in the very first field - my favourite Starbucks drink haha. Does it severely decrease my chance to be invited for an interview?
    How long did you guys wait to hear back from them?
    I would be more than grateful if anyone could share their experience (about working there as well).
    Thanks in advance
    No experience with Starbucks, I'm afraid, but I did hear back from Costa within about 10 days of submitting my application online. This was for a very small branch though, so in London it could be very different. I'd say you've definitely still got a chance

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks for the answer
    Unfortunately I haven;t heard from them yet.
    But there are many people who apply for a job there - especially in London.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.