Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so I'm an international student doing A-Levels and I'm applying to Univeristy of Toronto, University of Waterloo and McMaster University through the OUAC 105F application form. Two questions:

1) What am I supposed to fill in for the Activities section? It asks for any extracurricular activies (volunteering, jobs, hobbies, sports, etc) I've done after completing high school/outside of full-time secondary education, except most of my extracurricular activies have been DURING school. If anyone has any idea, that would really help since I don't want to leave it mostly empty.

2) There doesn't appear to be any supplementary application form I need to fill for UofT and McMaster (I'm applying for Humanities - English in both). I'm worried because the OUAC doesn't ask for any personal statement of sorts or about my activities during high school, just transcripts of my official grades, predicted grades and other personal information. Is this enough or will the univerisity be sending me a supplementary form later?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've applied to the same universities (different programs though)!
    1) I had the same problem. It asks for activities done out of school but I still filled it in with all the ECAs I did for the last two years DURING school. I asked a friend who got accepted and he said that it doesn't really matter 'cause he did the same but I really don't know. I remember another thread in TSR said that it's best not leave it empty.

2) I think only Waterloo asks you to fill in a supplementary application. Some programs in McMaster ask for supplementary forms. You mentioned you're applying for Humanities and the site says a supplementary application is not mandatory for this program.
    You can check here
    http://future.mcmaster.ca/admission/...n-requirements
    And for UofT, I'm not quite sure myself. Let me know when you find out, will ya?

Anyway, good luck!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.