Whats loughborough like as a place? Watch

12witte
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm considering applying for loughborough university but I have no idea what the place is like as a whole! can someone fill me in on night life etc!
EnterNamehereplz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have heard sporty white boy uni but that is just what I have heard
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 12witte)
I'm considering applying for loughborough university but I have no idea what the place is like as a whole! can someone fill me in on night life etc!
Hi 12witte

Good to hear that you are considering Loughborough

Well we love it here - but we are going to be biased so its important to listen to your own gut and make sure you go with what is right for you. First of all Loughborough is a campus university set in a small town, so if you are looking for a big, buzzing city-experience then I'll be honest and say that Loughborough won't be for you. However, if the idea of a campus university appeals to you then there is nowhere better - Loughborough offers a close-knit student community where everything you need is united on a single site campus, rather than being spread around a larger city.

Loughborough town is small but with a very large student population, and whilst there is a decent selection of bars and clubs the majority of our student nightlife takes place on campus. The Loughborough Students' Union (LSU) hosts various club nights throughout the week in the LSU building which opens up to become a 4,000 capacity nightclub (you can find more details on the LSU website). In addition to nightlife, there are loads of different things that you can get involved in at LSU such as various clubs and societies, community projects, fundraising and so much more. You will be spoilt for choice, there is so much to do!

If I were you I'd look at what is most important to you and what you want to get out of your time at Uni - you'll be spending the next 3-4 years of your life at university (perhaps more) so you want to choose somewhere that appeals to you directly. Think about the courses that are on offer and how they fit to where you see yourself in the future - what are the career prospects? Do you want to do a placement year? Then think outside of what you are offered academically - what other experiences are available? Are there any extra-curricular activities that you'd like to try, and if so are they catered for? University is about so much more than just getting a degree, and we want all of our students to graduate as happy, well-rounded, qualified individuals

I hope this helps - if you have any specific questions about studying at Loughborough just ask.

Good look with your decision-making

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%
Putting on a brave face (234)
13.69%
Impatient (214)
12.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise