Turn on thread page Beta

BROWN ASIANS - Would you date/be in a relationship with a white girl? watch

And are you/your family still involved with indian/pakistani etc. culture? Which generation moved to the UK?

There's a guy I like and this is entirely coming from me but I just have a feeling that brown asian guys would never be in a serious relationship or persue properly a white girl because she wouldn't be part of their family culture for like weddings and stuff and older family members might disapprove so they will only go after them for sex and then another brown skinned/indian girl for serious relationship. so i kind of don't feel hopeful about this guy

I am a brown Indian guy who's been brought up in the UK so I am very 'British'. I am really attracted to white females but what you say is partially true, I will happily have a serious relationship with a non brown woman but when it comes to settling down for marriage my parents would be against it-this would obviously influence me.

Sigh, life is tough, I really want a white girlfriend but have no idea how to get one lol.

I personally would never use a woman for sex-no matter what her race.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a brown Indian guy who's been brought up in the UK so I am very 'British'. I am really attracted to white females but what you say is partially true, I will happily have a serious relationship with a non brown woman but when it comes to settling down for marriage my parents would be against it-this would obviously influence me.

Sigh, life is tough, I really want a white girlfriend but have no idea how to get one lol.

I personally would never use a woman for sex-no matter what her race.
    Sorry I didn't mean to insinuate that anyone isn't british, I mean British asians

to what extent would it influence you? why would they be against it?
    ALSO just for my own curiosity for you parents is it just about the skin colour? or do they have to come from a particular region e.g. they wouldn't mind if they were pakistani/south indian/ north indian etc.? or just anyone from that entire area?

as for getting a white girlfriend my main advice would be not to see people as a colour and just go for girls that you're attracted to and not just see it as "white girls". just be yourself and talk to girls you fancy

Well if he is a Muslim then you will probs have to covert, and that may be a problem for you.

I'm a British Asian ( Indian decent ) and fortunately, my parents have always been very laid back when it comes to such matters as, the shade of my girlfriends.
    It just seems totally draconian to me; parents demanding their offspring should only get into a relationship with a person of a certain colour or religion. I mean, its the 21st century...
    Anyhow, my relaxed parenting has allowed me to sample a whole host of different cultures and nationalities, and let me tell you; variety is the spice of life.
    I'm currently in a long term relationship with a white Caucasian female and we've recently had a beautiful baby boy ( another plus;mixed race babies are the cutest ) and believe it or not of my many conquests over the years, im in my 30s now, I have never had an encounters with an asian/brown girl.

ReputationRep:
    BIG cultural difference. I have yet to see a white women with a brown Asian husband. It's extremely rare and you know why? It simply does not work. The big thing being is religion, if you do not convert to Islam you will never be welcome by their family if they are Muslim. I don't know about other religions.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have a friend who is Asian and his family are still quite traditional and he isn't really. His now wife is from Romania and her family are not religious. He held two wedding celebrations in order to accommodate the two families. His family wanted a traditional wedding whereas her family wanted a big party essentially.

Sorry I didn't mean to insinuate that anyone isn't british, I mean British asians

to what extent would it influence you? why would they be against it?
    ALSO just for my own curiosity for you parents is it just about the skin colour? or do they have to come from a particular region e.g. they wouldn't mind if they were pakistani/south indian/ north indian etc.? or just anyone from that entire area?

as for getting a white girlfriend my main advice would be not to see people as a colour and just go for girls that you're attracted to and not just see it as "white girls". just be yourself and talk to girls you fancy
    They would be against it because there is a general belief (as there is in all communities) that like should marry like i.e. brown and brown, white and white etc... They say it would be hard for a white woman to adapt to the Indian culture, I have known Indians who have married white women and although they're still together there are conflicts within the families.

As I am Indian I am 'allowed' (lol this is the term my parents use) to marry any woman who is Indian and Hindu. Though I am open minded, if I fall in love with a white woman (or black) and I truly feel that nothing can take us apart then I decide what happens-after all it is my life.

Asians tend to have conservative thinking, modern ones like me can be more open minded.

As for dating white girls I am confused, what stops me from approaching a white girl is the general thought of Indians, you know the smelly stereotype (does that still exist lol?). I feel that I will get rejected straight up. Though I don't stink lool, I actually take great care in my appearance.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't really care, I don't think my family would take it too kindly though, & it doesn't exactly help that they're religious (Muslim). That would be a bigger barrier than the culture of the older generation.

I'm an Asain girl wouldn't be with a white guy because of the cultural differences and religion

Tbh not many Asain guys are into white girls. At least not for a long term relationship and especially if the Asain is Muslim. It's again because of cultural and religious differences most of the time and disapproval of parents

It's definitely possible. My dad is brown and my mum is white. I think it really depends on family and if they're religious. My dad is Muslim but my mum didn't convert. My parents have been married for so long and still get flack from my dad's side of the family (which they rightly ignore).

Plus the person a few comments above is right, mixed race babies are the cutest!

ReputationRep:
    Well if he is a Muslim then you will probs have to covert, and that may be a problem for you.
    nah muslim guys can marry non-muslim girls of any abrahamic faith but muslim girls can't mary non-muslim guys

ReputationRep:
    Ironic advice from a poster on here seeking advice on "brown guys". Heed your own words; don't see race as a factor, just be yourself and talk to the boy you fancy.

Problem solved? If not; then maybe realize he feels he faces the same issues as you do re culture/skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    [Based on numerous Asian and to be specific Pakistani friends]

Majority of the [British] Pakistani guys I know, wouldn't date an English women because of their culture. English women tend to have a bold, free and somewhat a feminist culture (not all), which many Pakistani's are not fond off. The Pakistani women usually be more family orientated but this is SLOWLY changing with the westernisation that is going on with Pakistani females in the west.

Furthermore, Pakistani people are very very family orientated. The male Pakistani would expect himself and his wife to look after his parents when they get older. So he would expect his wife to cater for his parents to some degree. In addition, majority of the Pakistani may have adopted to the British culture however they still hold tight to their own Pakistani culture which can get in the way at times.

in addition, 99% of Pakistanis are Muslims and are very committed to their religion and therefore are also likely to be virgins. As being virgins they are unlikely to lose something sacred to a women who is possibly promiscuous, not a virgin and doesn't have any real boundaries.

Overall, majority of the Pakistani guys are not into White European girls as they know the chance of the relationship working out is very slim. So whats the point chasing after a beautiful English/European chick if it is not really going to work out?

Get it lol?

(Original post by pmc:producer)
    Ironic advice from a poster on here seeking advice on "brown guys". Heed your own words; don't see race as a factor, just be yourself and talk to the boy you fancy.

Problem solved? If not; then maybe realize he feels he faces the same issues as you do re culture/skin colour.
    i'm not specifically going out to try and get with one ethnicity... i do find brown people attractive but it's not something i actively seek out unlike what that poster was saying. i just have met someone i fancy who happens to be brown and have an indian cultural background as his parents are indian and i am asking about their CULTURE and if it may possibly influence their son

(Original post by Zeus007)
    BIG cultural difference. I have yet to see a white women with a brown Asian husband. It's extremely rare and you know why? It simply does not work. The big thing being is religion, if you do not convert to Islam you will never be welcome by their family if they are Muslim. I don't know about other religions.
    (Original post by Zeus007)
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Personally I don't really care, I don't think my family would take it too kindly though, & it doesn't exactly help that they're religious (Muslim). That would be a bigger barrier than the culture of the older generation.
    (Original post by mr.cool09)
    [Based on numerous Asian and to be specific Pakistani friends]

Majority of the [British] Pakistani guys I know, wouldn't date an English women because of their culture. English women tend to have a bold, free and somewhat a feminist culture (not all), which many Pakistani's are not fond off. The Pakistani women usually be more family orientated but this is SLOWLY changing with the westernisation that is going on with Pakistani females in the west.

Furthermore, Pakistani people are very very family orientated. The male Pakistani would expect himself and his wife to look after his parents when they get older. So he would expect his wife to cater for his parents to some degree. In addition, majority of the Pakistani may have adopted to the British culture however they still hold tight to their own Pakistani culture which can get in the way at times.

in addition, 99% of Pakistanis are Muslims and are very committed to their religion and therefore are also likely to be virgins. As being virgins they are unlikely to lose something sacred to a women who is possibly promiscuous, not a virgin and doesn't have any real boundaries.

Overall, majority of the Pakistani guys are not into White European girls as they know the chance of the relationship working out is very slim. So whats the point chasing after a beautiful English/European chick if it is not really going to work out?

Get it lol?
    I don't know about his parents but he is definitely not muslim by anything other than birth (if his parents are even muslim it hasn't come up in conversation) he doesn't see himself as indian at all

ReputationRep:
    Your a sell out.

ReputationRep:
    Is this a troll?

Brown guys will literally lay on a dirty puddle so a white woman won't get her feet wet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    nah muslim guys can marry non-muslim girls of any abrahamic faith but muslim girls can't mary non-muslim guys
    that's just stupid

(Original post by Yaboi)
    Is this a troll?

Brown guys will literally lay on a dirty puddle so a white woman won't get her feet wet.
    But never as a serious relationship

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.