Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do for my AH Biology investigation that involves fish or animals? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kd138)
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do for my AH Biology investigation that involves fish or animals? Thanks
    I replied to your post on the AH bio forum but since you've mentioned animals I worked with porcellio scaber (woodlice) and the effect of maturity (this demonstrated whether it is a learned behaviour or not) upon turn alternation behaviour and did quite well with my report
    I also looked at the effect of distance and an incentive on their turn alternation behaviour but didn't include it in my report simply because I had a plethora of data

ReputationRep:
    Daphnia heart beats is likely, not that great though as you need to keep them alive. You could also do stuff with plants/microorganisms...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treen98)
    I replied to your post on the AH bio forum but since you've mentioned animals I worked with porcellio scaber (woodlice) and the effect of maturity (this demonstrated whether it is a learned behaviour or not) upon turn alternation behaviour and did quite well with my report
    I also looked at the effect of distance and an incentive on their turn alternation behaviour but didn't include it in my report simply because I had a plethora of data
    Do you have any more information on the brine shrimp one? I think im going to try and do that one for my project so any help would be appreciated! Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kd138)
    Do you have any more information on the brine shrimp one? I think im going to try and do that one for my project so any help would be appreciated! Thanks x
    Cant remember exactly but start here
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...39782543,d.ZGg
    http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/c17...room-c176.html

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.