Turn on thread page Beta

I been working in retail for 3 years now, the pay isn't good. There are two new staffs that been making nasty comments about me, ordering me about, trying to act like me. Now, I don't think this is fair to me. I don't mind the managers and customers doing this to me, but these people only worked there for a few weeks.

Now, I told the head manager a week ago, and she think those people were just joking. Now, I did plan on not telling the head manager, or go home, talk to my parents and see what they say. But I though its best to tell her, since I might not see her the next time I work, I might only see the other less seniors manager.

I went home, told my parents, and they said I shouldn't of told the manager and should deal with the situation myself and confronted those people, since I am 23, not a kid anymore. Have I made a mistake in telling the manager?

I am very quiet and reserved, and these people are very loud and think they are my boss.

I was thinking of arguing back when they start making nasty comments about me? Is this a good idea? Customers and other staffs will see this, and it won't look good. There's bascially 3 staff members that are horrible to me, its been going on for months now.

I don't like arguing, and I have not done anything to them, and these people are treating me like this. If the girls start crying and the guy start getting aggressive and attacks me, hes only 16, but hes very tall and looks strong then is it a risk worth taking?

I have another job as a waiter, where around 4 or 5 people who are like this to.

Any advice, I really don't know what I should do?

Thanks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Confront them after/before work? Or don't confront them. Just tell them to back off.

Or leave, of course... because you don't sound happy there at all. I wouldn't say this, only you mentioned the pay being bad, so something makes me think you don't like your job, not the people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.