Boyfriend dilemma Watch

INTERNET-HO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been in a relationship for the past 4 years, although he's a nice guy and treats me right. I feel like he is too sensitive and I wouldn't exactly feel safe if I was out late with him. There is this other boy that I have been speaking to for TIME and he's always been there for me. Is it bad that I am having theses feelings? should I stay in a relationship with my boyfriend of 4 years?
FYI I am 17
JNDSAN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
dump your boyfriend and go for the other guy obviously
jessn122
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by INTERNET-HO)
I've been in a relationship for the past 4 years, although he's a nice guy and treats me right. I feel like he is too sensitive and I wouldn't exactly feel safe if I was out late with him. There is this other boy that I have been speaking to for TIME and he's always been there for me. Is it bad that I am having theses feelings? should I stay in a relationship with my boyfriend of 4 years?
FYI I am 17
If you don't feel safe with your current boyfriend, that's not a good sign! Maybe you should take a little break from the relationship and see how he reacts to this. If he gets angry, then you definitely should go, because that means that he doesn't care about what you want... If you take the break, see where things go.

My advice is to go with your gut.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jessn122)
If you don't feel safe with your current boyfriend, that's not a good sign! Maybe you should take a little break from the relationship and see how he reacts to this. If he gets angry, then you definitely should go, because that means that he doesn't care about what you want... If you take the break, see where things go.

My advice is to go with your gut.
I think you misunderstood what she said, she's saying that she doesn't feel like her BF would be able to stand up for her or defend her on a night out not that he'll hurt her.
eeechacha
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think one of the reasons of having a relationship is to feel safe because your bf will always take care of you. but if you do not feel safe in your relationship, then why should you stay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dancing Samurai
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
HunterXHunter
qtπ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you live in Syria or something that you need to be kept safe?

Don't try to justify it. You've been speaking to another guy behind his back. Stop playing victim.
FemaleBo55
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Instead of hiding your feelings, I think you should talk to him and clear things between both of you, Tell him how you feel, tell him about the guy you're having "those feelings" for.

I dont see a point of you hiding all those feelings from him then complaining he's not protecting you but the other guy is. Tbh every guy is different and behaves differently, just because one guy is slightly more confident than the other that doesn't mean that your bf can't protect you. He knows the place where you guys are is safe and doesn't see the need to be your body guard constantly... You're with a guy purely based on love not to keep you safe 24/7 when the right time comes he'll be the first to back you up and make sure that no one lays even a finger on you...
chikane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You have been with your bf since you were 13 i wouldnt be surprised if your feelings have changed over time that was something that jumped out at me than you saying you dont feel your bf would protect you at night.
Do you love him can you imagine being with him forever if not then end it and pursue this other relationship don't stay with someone that will make you unhappy and unfulfilled.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%
Putting on a brave face (217)
13.85%
Impatient (202)
12.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise