Absolute psycho housemate Watch

Pusheenicorns
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay, so I'm really at a loss of what to do, so i'm turning towards the anonymous masses for help and guidance.

I live in a house with 5 other girls. 4 of us get on absolutely brilliantly and have been best friends since the start of uni (3rd year). 3 are students, 3 of us are working professionals.

My problem is that one of my housemates is absolutely bloody psychotic. We've known her since first year, she tried to live with us second year but had to move home because she went psycho and wrote racial slurs and horrible words on my housemates door and couldn't bare to say sorry.

We gave her another chance as she's now a working professional and it's all happened again, as follows;

She has been ****ging us off to anyone who'll listen.
She's always in a foul mood, it's like stepping on eggshells.
She slams doors and screams and shouts.
Then as soon as she has a drink, she has started a fight with one of my housemates. She has spat at another, poured a drink on one of our friends and tried to beat the **** out of another one of our friends. She has broke things in our house in her fit of rage. She has said volatile things to us.
Sends abusive text messages.

She posts about us on social media and not in a nice way.

We have done nothing wrong at all, she's just suddenly turned on us and tries to manipulate us about our friends outside the house.
We've had enough and feel threatened and uncomfortable in our own home.

Please help, we know legally we can't do anything as she's contracted. We are in a short term joint tenancy agreement working through a letting agent.
linney
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Contact the university. If she's a student, then they have a duty of care to herself and you guys. They can't allow one of their students to a) bring the university into disrepute or b) make other student feel threatened.

Take it up with your students services representatives, that's your best course of action!
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Report to the police this instant. Elliot Rodgers abused his housemates too...now look at them...
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Choke slam her.

Seriously, why an earth did you give her another chance? I'd make her life a living hell where she'd make the decision herself to move out.
sighthounds
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Contact your university, you are NOT obliged to put up with that behaviour!
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you gave her second chance??!!?!?!? you got what was coming tbh
but still - talk to the people in charge of housing in your uni and call the cops during her next tantrum
in the meantime, don't talk to her, try not to piss her off, and try and work in the library/ chill at friends' houses
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're letting your pals get battered when it's a 4 v 1 situation? Hmmm
Pusheenicorns
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by IamJacksContempt;[url="tel:68456060")
68456060[/url]]You're letting your pals get battered when it's a 4 v 1 situation? Hmmm
It was in a club, she was dragged out by a bouncer and it was just 2 of us and we aren't fighters lol...
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pusheenicorns)
Okay, so I'm really at a loss of what to do, so i'm turning towards the anonymous masses for help and guidance.

I live in a house with 5 other girls. 4 of us get on absolutely brilliantly and have been best friends since the start of uni (3rd year). 3 are students, 3 of us are working professionals.

My problem is that one of my housemates is absolutely bloody psychotic. We've known her since first year, she tried to live with us second year but had to move home because she went psycho and wrote racial slurs and horrible words on my housemates door and couldn't bare to say sorry.

We gave her another chance and it's all happened again, as follows;

Then as soon as she has a drink, she has started a fight with one of my housemates. She has spat at another, poured a drink on one of our friends and tried to beat the **** out of another one of our friends. She has broke things in our house in her fit of rage. She has said volatile things to us.

We have done nothing wrong at all, she's just suddenly turned on us and tries to manipulate us about our friends outside the house.

Please help, we know legally we can't do anything as she's contracted.
You dont make it clear as to whetehr its uni or private and if private how you rent the property.

Have a house meeting, talk to her. Everyone should be present. Make sure you are solid.

Read your tenancy agreementt/ It may allow you to evict or it may allow your LL to evict.
Miser101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pusheenicorns)

We gave her another chance as she's now a working professional and it's all happened again, as follows;

Please help, we know legally we can't do anything as she's contracted. We are in a short term joint tenancy agreement working through a letting agent.
Lock her in a room and you and your housemates kick **** out of her
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know if this will work but depending on the terms of your contract if she assaults someone make a police complaint and then speak to your landlord and say you have a police complaint against her and need your house to be safe (i.e. without her in it)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (37)
14.4%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.4%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (53)
20.62%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
38.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.45%
No particular grades needed (18)
7%