Turn on thread page Beta

Did you pick the right uni? What helped you? watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Does uni life suit you? Do you love it? :heart:

What questions did you ask yourself to make sure it was the right choice?

Post them here :bunny:

Best responses will go into my new article to help applicants for this year!

Let's do this :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Does uni life suit you? Do you love it? :heart:

What questions did you ask yourself to make sure it was the right choice?

Post them here :bunny:

Best responses will go into my new article to help applicants for this year!

Let's do this :banana2:
    Although I haven't started uni yet im pretty sure I have found the right one for me.

I know everyone has different criterias when choosing a uni but for me the main criterias I had was that: it wasn't too far away from home, has interesting/useful moduals in the course and the area was nice.

I had my eye on this specific uni since April, now it's Novemeber and im still positive it is the right one for me. Going to their open day has definitly helped me see what the place is like so I recommend going to as many open days as you can.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I definitely love uni - being away from my parents and all that is fairly natural because of boarding school, but being much more independent and pretty much doing what the **** I like, is brilliant!!

For questions I asked myself:
    - Do I mind living this far away from home? (Will I be annoyed that it's not very easy to go home if I want to...?)
    - Do I want to be at a campus uni, or one in the middle of a city?
    - Is the course actually what I want to do? - worth making sure on this one because unis often have courses which are similar, but have different modules, especially in the latter years, but worth remembering that even though a uni might say that certain modules are available in the 2nd/3rd year, by the time you get there, they may no longer offer it - perhaps more often the case for less popular modules!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.