Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am confused because Tina decides she wants to sell her bike and just sends a fax to Mike her good old friend. She offers to sell the bike to Mike. She sends this on the 15th of October in the morning, He tells Mike to get back to him ASAP as otherwise he will sell it to someone else as many people are interested. Mike is away that week which Tina does not know and he does not respond. But when he does it is too late because Tina advertises it and meets someone interested and he comes back to say yes he is interested and faxes it back. Now what.
    SO what law would be applied here?
    I'm trying to break it down as to whether there was a damn offer or an ITT to begin with. It feels like it was an ITT and not an offer as there wasn't a fixed price on it. I mean how would i know what was said before faxing it through? It doesn't seem definite nor certain. But i said possibly there could be a contractual obligation but have no idea. Any cases that'd help me to understand this?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.