Turn on thread page Beta

All my friends think I'm a bully, and now don't want me around watch

ReputationRep:
    So a few weeks ago, a boy in my class said something, and someone else posted it in our class group chat, and we all made comments and sent pictures to do with it. Then, this boy got added, and went round everyone that sent anything asking why they did, and they all apologised, myself included.

Then today, one of my friends just suddenly brought up the thing I said, saying it was horrible to bully people, and that I'm "tainted" and they don't want to be around me, and as this was at lunch, they moved to another table.
    Now I'm wondering whether what I said was truly horrible, when it wasn't actually about the person specifically, and I've already apologise. The person in question even said that there were no hard feelings.

Now I feel awful, and I'm wondering whether that's what they all think. At the time, it didn't seem bad, we were just having a laugh, it was never meant maliciously, but now I feel like I've done something terrible.

I know I'm being vague with what was said, but I know people involved will see this and I don't want to make things worse, so from what I have said, am I actually a bully now? Does it seem like I've done something bad, because I feel terrible now, even though I don't feel I've done anything?

Feel free to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendragons)
    So a few weeks ago, a boy in my class said something, and someone else posted it in our class group chat, and we all made comments and sent pictures to do with it. Then, this boy got added, and went round everyone that sent anything asking why they did, and they all apologised, myself included.

Then today, one of my friends just suddenly brought up the thing I said, saying it was horrible to bully people, and that I'm "tainted" and they don't want to be around me, and as this was at lunch, they moved to another table.
    Now I'm wondering whether what I said was truly horrible, when it wasn't actually about the person specifically, and I've already apologise. The person in question even said that there were no hard feelings.

Now I feel awful, and I'm wondering whether that's what they all think. At the time, it didn't seem bad, we were just having a laugh, it was never meant maliciously, but now I feel like I've done something terrible.

I know I'm being vague with what was said, but I know people involved will see this and I don't want to make things worse, so from what I have said, am I actually a bully now? Does it seem like I've done something bad, because I feel terrible now, even though I don't feel I've done anything?

Feel free to be honest
    Can you tell me explicitly what you said ? If you tell me that then I would give you my honest opinion and if it was too harsh or not.

Also if the person who you actually said it about can forgive you then I don't know why you're friends are making a big deal out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Can you tell me explicitly what you said ? If you tell me that then I would give you my honest opinion and if it was too harsh or not.

Also if the person who you actually said it about can forgive you then I don't know why you're friends are making a big deal out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It make no sense at all out of context but I said "text (their name) to 10836 to donate £10", as what he said originally was that he'd like to go to Sudan. Honestly, typing this out now, it seems so stupid, yet I still feel awful.

How old are you? 16? 15? In about 2 years time no one could give a **** what you say. It wasn't awful. I've said FAR FAR worse...seems like your friend was a prude if i'm honest

ReputationRep:
    It make no sense at all out of context but I said "text (their name) to 10836 to donate £10", as what he said originally was that he'd like to go to Sudan. Honestly, typing this out now, it seems so stupid, yet I still feel awful.
    Doesn't really seem that bad tbh? Wasn't really a personal attack or anything, just a simple joke. Your friend is overreacting - it was a few weeks ago, and the 'victim' seems to have forgiven you.

Either your friend is a pussy or there is more to it than this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, and I know this seems ridiculous but it's really bothering me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mate i say a lot worse numerous times a day about people. Obviously not to their face as I don't want to hurt their fellings, I'm good that way.

Just forget about it and move on all your friends and the 'victim' are being pussys. In simple terms I would consider it banter if I was the 'victim' of it.

ReputationRep:
    hey you know what I'm feeling a lot better about the whole thing now.
    I haven't been very close with that "friend" recently anyway
    cheers dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sure youre really an nice person - the fact that you feel bad about it shows you care about how other people feel which is nice Just try not say anything that anyone could see as offensive even if you don't mean it that way and be super nice to everyone and then they'll see your not a bully. You could ask your friend why they think youre a bully. I think that if you've apologised then that's fine and you cant do anything else about it so don't waste time worrying about it. Probably in a few days or so everyone will have forgotten about it anyway. Everyone says something they regret - I do it all the time and then spend ages worrying about it then it turns out to be really nothing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.