Turn on thread page Beta

How many hours of sleep should I get? watch

ReputationRep:
    I sleep at around 11:10 and wake up at 7 on average, yet i look bad with bags under my eyes. Yet my friends sleep much later and they look fine.

I have started to drink lots of water and fruits but i still look the same, and i can never seem to be able to sleep on my back

ReputationRep:
    Each person is of course different, but national recommendations suggest that:

•Ages 1-18 get around 12 hours sleep per night
    •Ages 18+ get around 8 hours per night.

Oversleeping can also cause severe fatigue!

ReputationRep:
    7-8 for adults, 9 for teens. Focus on developing a healthy lifestyle, exercise and control stress etc
    Buy some concealer?
    ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not exactly one to talk, as I have terrible sleeping habits, but I have heard people say that different people require different amounts of sleep. So maybe you and I should be disciplined, and get into bed earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesleigh)
    Each person is of course different, but national recommendations suggest that:

•Ages 1-18 get around 12 hours sleep per night
    •Ages 18+ get around 8 hours per night.

Oversleeping can also cause severe fatigue!
    Damn I have barely been able to get 12hours in the last few years and I am 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyB14)
    7-8 for adults, 9 for teens. Focus on developing a healthy lifestyle, exercise and control stress etc
    Buy some concealer?
    ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Idk what concealer is xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    Well, I'm not exactly one to talk, as I have terrible sleeping habits, but I have heard people say that different people require different amounts of sleep. So maybe you and I should be disciplined, and get into bed earlier
    Yes I agree i think reading 30mins before bed would a good idea to keep discipline, and LOL I accidentally read earlier as together
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Damn I have barely been able to get 12hours in the last few years and I am 18.
    I'm 19, and haven't had 12 hours of sleep a night for at least 13 years... Anyone that does either has no life, no commitments, or both... as that would require people most likely being in bed 8-8... ****ing impossible if you ask me... Even when I was 6, I definitely did not have 12 hours of sleep a night...

I'd aim for 8 hours a night if you're feeling tired, but there may be other reasons as to why you're tired, not just due to sleep... Also, the quality of sleep is very important - make sure your room isn't too warm, and no distractions...

And for reassurance, I look ****ing knackered all the time too, but I haven't found a way to reduce it, so you're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree i think reading 30mins before bed would a good idea to keep discipline, and LOL I accidentally read earlier as together
    lol NO that went so wrong... but yh, I have also tried reading, and it does help

Idk what concealer is xD
    it's a kind of make up. tinted liquid that covers up blemishes/imperfections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    it's a kind of make up. tinted liquid that covers up blemishes/imperfections
    I think i'm gonna need a bucket of concealer a day - will you donate to the Wesleigh Concealer Foundation?

(pun definitely intended)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.