Turn on thread page Beta

How do some guys get caught up in opportunies to cheat watch

I hear stories of cheating and infidelity by guys.

As a guy that has been single for years and don't get much or any luck with getting laid, I would imagine the one girlfriend I get would be enough for me; that I can't see myself even being presented the opportunity to cheat.

I always wondered where do they get these temptations from, is it that there's something about cheating men that makes women fail into there heartbreaking trap or do some females simply think that sleeping with another girl's boyfriend/husband is better than going for the other horny blokes out there.

I know a guy who despite being engaged and dating 2 times before that, had a couple of side-chicks besides those relationships, including a married woman 2 times his age.Yet in the 5 yrs I've known him, I haven't gotten any girls.

I do understand that not all women are the same. All I'm asking is, why would some women rather sleep with another girl's bf/husband(if they that's what he is) than get laid with the single and desperate guys out there?...like me

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demonlover1)
    I honestly have no idea.
    PROSM

ReputationRep:
    PROSM?

I think that some people have intamasy problems.

(Original post by starfab)
    PROSM
    What does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    They seek out the opportunities. The other woman isn't responsible. The man is.

It isn't like women throw their clothes off, you have to show a bit of interest back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)

It isn't like women throw their clothes off, you have to show a bit of interest back.
    Not. True.

ReputationRep:
    PROSM?

PRSOM=Please Rep Some Other Member (or equivalent)

ReputationRep:
    PROSM?

Oops was supposed to be PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Oops was supposed to be PRSOM
    No problem

Also I think that if your are with a person who is a known cheater, leave their sorry butt beforehand they break your heart

ReputationRep:
    Because people have different personalities.

People have different morals.

People have different wants, needs.
    --

Some guys don't want to cheat.

Some guys do want to cheat.

--

Some people are introverts, some are extroverts. If they can be social enough to chase, then sometimes they do.
    They are never satisfied?
    --

Well, you get the point. I don't know why people cheat, but clearly one relationship was not enough for them. Maybe they are incapable of actual love or they only crave sex. And for them, the more the merrier. It doesn't matter who they hurt in the process. Meh, dunno. They are bad people.

(Original post by an_atheist)
    PRSOM=Please Rep Some Other Member (or equivalent)
    So it's an insult?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I hear stories of cheating and infidelity by guys.

As a guy that has been single for years and don't get much or any luck with getting laid, I would imagine the one girlfriend I get would be enough for me; that I can't see myself even being presented the opportunity to cheat.

I always wondered where do they get these temptations from, is it that there's something about cheating men that makes women fail into there heartbreaking trap or do some females simply think that sleeping with another girl's boyfriend/husband is better than going for the other horny blokes out there.

I know a guy who despite being engaged and dating 2 times before that, had a couple of side-chicks besides those relationships, including a married woman 2 times his age.Yet in the 5 yrs I've known him, I haven't gotten any girls.

I do understand that not all women are the same. All I'm asking is, why would some women rather sleep with another girl's bf/husband(if they that's what he is) than get laid with the single and desperate guys out there?...like me
    Because they dont know you.
    Perhaps the other guy is more attractive, more fun to be with, more confident, wealthier and healthier than you?

All you have in your inbox so far is alleged non cheater, desparate, not getting laid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)

I can't think of many people that get up in the morning that go "Mmm I think I'm going to see if I can cheat on my girlfriend today"

bit weird
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Because, they have no thought for their other half, it's as simple as that.

Also, they don't get 'caught up in opportunities', it's their own poor decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    So it's an insult?
    No, it's a good thing. If you rep too much in a given time period you get blocked from doing so for a bit. PRSOM is just a user saying 'I would rep you, but the system won't let me' in effect

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has a different answer.

I've been the girl who got with a taken guy. He was, and still is my best friend. No one knows, including his girlfriend, and it's probably best it stays that way. And before you ask, I do feel terrible.

We've had a connection as such since I can remember, and having that kind of tension for a long time just got to us I suppose. We both admitted to liking each other for a while, but it wasn't right at that time, although it's still not right now. Neither of us expected it, though we don't regret it either. (yes we're awful humans, I am aware of this)

If you're wondering why we don't get over ourselves and get together already, he really does love his girlfriend. I often question why he actually went there with me. Problems in his relationship? Was it linked to the emotional connection? There's so many things it could be, it is usually rooted to what the guy gets/doesn't get out of a relationship. Maybe my case was different, I'm not sure.

In relation to why them and not you: I have no clue. Personal preference I guess aha. I've been single all my life, and the only guys who've shown interest in me are not interested in a relationship (another story) and recently discovered my best friend, leading to this story, so I understand your annoyance. You'll find a girl, and she will be lucky to have you

Feel free to ask any questions aha

(Original post by The1975UGH)
    Everyone has a different answer.

I've been the girl who got with a taken guy. He was, and still is my best friend. No one knows, including his girlfriend, and it's probably best it stays that way. And before you ask, I do feel terrible.

We've had a connection as such since I can remember, and having that kind of tension for a long time just got to us I suppose. We both admitted to liking each other for a while, but it wasn't right at that time, although it's still not right now. Neither of us expected it, though we don't regret it either. (yes we're awful humans, I am aware of this)

If you're wondering why we don't get over ourselves and get together already, he really does love his girlfriend. I often question why he actually went there with me. Problems in his relationship? Was it linked to the emotional connection? There's so many things it could be, it is usually rooted to what the guy gets/doesn't get out of a relationship. Maybe my case was different, I'm not sure.

In relation to why them and not you: I have no clue. Personal preference I guess aha. I've been single all my life, and the only guys who've shown interest in me are not interested in a relationship (another story) and recently discovered my best friend, leading to this story, so I understand your annoyance. You'll find a girl, and she will be lucky to have you

Feel free to ask any questions aha
    So it's more about the relationship you 2 had before his current relationship?

Do you know any girl that just cheats with a man that she just saw say... holding hands and kissing another girl(pressumed to be his current GF), like she didn't know him at all before that.

ReputationRep:
    I do hope that my gf won't cheat on me, well if I had one at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So it's more about the relationship you 2 had before his current relationship?

Do you know any girl that just cheats with a man that she just saw say... holding hands and kissing another girl(pressumed to be his current GF), like she didn't know him at all before that.
    Yeah I guess, though he was always in a relationship whilst he knew me. It's a tad messy I suppose.

And yeah there are girls like that. Could be that they aren't looking for anything serious, and if a guy is in a relationship already, obviously it's just going to be a fling. Some girls just aren't looking for commitment and aren't phased by his relationship status.

It depends what they're looking for. The same applies to guys too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.