Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I dropped out of uni in march 2016 after completing my first year (dropped out during second year) and went on universal credit from july to September, i started a course at uni in September at a different uni retaking my second year. When i called universal credit to no longer wanting to receive it after a change in my circumstances they took my details about my course and said i may still be able to receive it. Im at uni for 21 hours and i still receive universally credit but i dont think im
    Supposed to as ive checked who can receive it (student wise) and i dont fit into that category. I got a letter today saying i need to go to an appointment but when i rang to rearrange it they said to disregard the letter and they have cancelled the appointment. So they know i am in education under 21 hours and that I receive a student loan of )
    £4000 a year. Should i still be receiving universal credit? Would they have already stopped it? Or do i call them and ask? They already know my circumstances so im unsure?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Rxo3)
    So I dropped out of uni in march 2016 after completing my first year (dropped out during second year) and went on universal credit from july to September, i started a course at uni in September at a different uni retaking my second year. When i called universal credit to no longer wanting to receive it after a change in my circumstances they took my details about my course and said i may still be able to receive it. Im at uni for 21 hours and i still receive universally credit but i dont think im
    Supposed to as ive checked who can receive it (student wise) and i dont fit into that category. I got a letter today saying i need to go to an appointment but when i rang to rearrange it they said to disregard the letter and they have cancelled the appointment. So they know i am in education under 21 hours and that I receive a student loan of )
    £4000 a year. Should i still be receiving universal credit? Would they have already stopped it? Or do i call them and ask? They already know my circumstances so im unsure?
    I'm not too sure, but I'd definitely ring the service centre and ask. It's better to double check than them realise later on and you having to pay it all back

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.