Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I feel so left out... I live in student accommodation, with 5 girls. I have known them for over 2 months and all of a sudden I don't feel welcome and that there is an atmosphere and awkwardness. One of the girl especially has been acting weird with me, not acknowledging me and being dismissive. She is happy and chatty around the other flatmates, but whenever she sees me her face drops. I haven't done anything wrong, and feel I should say something to her, but then I think she would wonder what I'm talking about. But the way she has been treating me is horrible and I have been crying every night now. No one seems to care, but they all seem to care for one another.
    I would say I am a bubbly and caring person, I don't like to be two -faced about people, so I dont know why this is happening to me?

They all go out together sometimes, without asking me and go for night time walks with each other to shops. They get takeaways without asking me. All chap on eachothers door and have a group chat. When I try to talk with them as part of a group they don't answer me or listen. When I enter the room to try and engage with them, they all leave and go into each others room.
    The point is they don't even care, and don't try to include me I hate living away from home now and wish I didn't because I love my course, but this situation isn't good for my emotional and mental health. We all study nursing.
    It would be nice if someone could give me some tips on what to do or if they feel the same way.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should talk to the specific girl you mentioned and ask if she wants to get takeaway or go out or something. If she says no ask if you can get another time and maybe if you can talk with her at that minute. Then just kinda air everything out and say what you feel, try not make it seem as though you're blaming her for how you feel but express how you feel that she doesn't like you and if there's anything you've done to possibly annoy/offend that you don't know about? It will probably one big misunderstanding.

If nothing changes then you know you've made a step to improve it and if they decide to stay the same you can always make friends with people from your course and hang out with them more often?

But, really it'll probably be some miscommunication
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by outlandishlassie)
    I feel so left out... I live in student accommodation, with 5 girls. I have known them for over 2 months and all of a sudden I don't feel welcome and that there is an atmosphere and awkwardness. One of the girl especially has been acting weird with me, not acknowledging me and being dismissive. She is happy and chatty around the other flatmates, but whenever she sees me her face drops. I haven't done anything wrong, and feel I should say something to her, but then I think she would wonder what I'm talking about. But the way she has been treating me is horrible and I have been crying every night now. No one seems to care, but they all seem to care for one another.
    I would say I am a bubbly and caring person, I don't like to be two -faced about people, so I dont know why this is happening to me?

They all go out together sometimes, without asking me and go for night time walks with each other to shops. They get takeaways without asking me. All chap on eachothers door and have a group chat. When I try to talk with them as part of a group they don't answer me or listen. When I enter the room to try and engage with them, they all leave and go into each others room.
    The point is they don't even care, and don't try to include me I hate living away from home now and wish I didn't because I love my course, but this situation isn't good for my emotional and mental health. We all study nursing.
    It would be nice if someone could give me some tips on what to do or if they feel the same way.

Thanks
    Oh dear :hugs: Sounds like what happened in my flat in halls last year at Seabraes.

Unfortunately, I think you are going to have to bear through it. The Freshers charm has lifted, it happens. Do you have friends in other flats?

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.