Decisions for Uni Watch

RessOngland
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm trying to decide which to put as my firm choice for Accounting & Finance, it's between Newcastle and Lancaster. I'm wanting a good degree but also to have a fun time while i'm at uni, any opinions will help!
JustARandomer123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd probably suggest not making a firm decision until April-ish, just in case you change your mind.

Both universities are amazing. Lancaster is ranked higher than Newcastle, I believe, but you'll gain a good experience from both. I suppose the final decision should be made based on how good each university is for your course, and which you would prefer to study. I'm assuming the universities will differ in terms of course structure or modules, so look into that. You might find that you prefer one of the courses. In terms of having a good time whilst you're at university, I reckon you could do that at both. I've never really heard a bad word about Newcastle or Lancaster, and when I went to the Lancaster open day, everything looked amazing. The accommodation, the nightlife, the people there, the buildings. But it's probably worth noting that Lancaster isn't a major city; it doesn't have the bustling towns etc if that's what you want.

Either way, you wouldn't be able to go wrong with either option
RessOngland
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Yeah i'll most likely sit on my offers right now, definitely until mocks and maybe a bit later. I do also think i'll have to look more into the differences of the courses because i have a good idea what is on a generic Accounting course but i'll have to see where they differ. I've heard from Lancaster that there's going to be a school visit day for students with offers and i think i'll need to go to that because i missed Lancaster's open days :/ I did go to Newcastle's open day and i was very impressed. Many thanks for the reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads