Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Not a happy bunny at the minute, in my 3rd year at University Sport Science degree and a mature student. Every year it has happened to me end up doing the presentation on my own. I don't mind so much however this is a systematic review! Hard work on your own.😒
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Tracymac)
    Hi
    Not a happy bunny at the minute, in my 3rd year at University Sport Science degree and a mature student. Every year it has happened to me end up doing the presentation on my own. I don't mind so much however this is a systematic review! Hard work on your own.😒
    Sorry to hear that, group projects at uni are the worst (or if you have to do a group's worth of work), as if presenting or putting together a review wasn't difficult enough!

I would suggest speaking to some people on your course (again, quite difficult to approach new people, I know) and see if they want to join up with you, or if that doesn't work, give yourself plenty of time to prepare it and use your tutors for help etc, take decent notes and then produce what you can. I am sorry that you are in this position, it must be very stressful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tracymac)
    Hi
    Op, I understand your plight. It is not easy at all. I used to hate doing it because some people didn't bother at all. Why don't you suggest everyone should be allocated a role to do and should bring their work to any meeting the group holds? That way the work will be shared. Suggest this in your next meeting with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for your replies well i am afraid it's way passed that stage now, as for giving people work allocations I am afraid if I email them with articles for example I don't get a reply! Not even thanks Tracy!
    I feel as though it has been all one sided so I trying to get through my assignment and sort articles myself. Wish I had decided this at the beginning but then again didn't them that well.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.