Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So it has come to my dreaded moment of choosing a firm offer and I need some advice of which to choose (all similar grades and the grades are achievable so that doesn't matter, i'm looking at more reputation bases and quality of the course.)
    It is between Loughborough for a four year History and IR with a year abroad degree, UEA for IR and Modern History and Kent for History and Politics, I know these are not the best unis but these are the courses i'm interested in so what would you say is better in terms of reputation and prospects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeslshStudent101)
    So it has come to my dreaded moment of choosing a firm offer and I need some advice of which to choose (all similar grades and the grades are achievable so that doesn't matter, i'm looking at more reputation bases and quality of the course.)
    It is between Loughborough for a four year History and IR with a year abroad degree, UEA for IR and Modern History and Kent for History and Politics, I know these are not the best unis but these are the courses i'm interested in so what would you say is better in terms of reputation and prospects?
    You have months to decide this. Every year TSR is deafened by the laments of people regretting decisions made in haste.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by WeslshStudent101)
    They're great choices, don't go playing them down! One site we'd certainly recommend is Unistats where you're able to compare the course and levels of satisfaction for each course based on the views of students.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 49
Size:  61.7 KB

I've pulled out some of the stats above. Don't just focus on levels of satisfaction, you may also find cost of living, the percentage of coursework vs exams, etc will be important to you in your decision.

You should spend some time reading the course profiles to pick out the selling points. Here's the profile for the course at UEA: https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergr...dern-languages

As for the main sell, don't forget we're a Top 15 university and third in the country for the most satisfied students, with lots to do on our campus and in the city of Norwich. There's also an unbeatable 100% student satisfaction in the course you're choosing. Do let us know if you have any further questions

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 17, 2016

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.