Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In my personal statement i want to talk about the charitable work that i have been doing.
    Any help on how that could be related to accounting and finance would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan11h)
    In my personal statement i want to talk about the charitable work that i have doing.
    Any help on how that could be related to the subject would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    It depends on what subject it is, but some popular ones would be working under pressure, working independently, problem solving and so on.

ReputationRep:
    subject is accounting and finance
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    have you done anything to do with finance or paperwork etc?

ReputationRep:
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Best thing would be to make it up! They're not going to check, just write that you managed the accounting of your local charity shop or that you realised that your local Oxfam was charging too little so decided to volunteer price checks on some of their items and helped them improve their profits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigwang)
    Best thing would be to make it up! They're not going to check, just write that you managed the accounting of your local charity shop or that you realised that your local Oxfam was charging too little so decided to volunteer price checks on some of their items and helped them improve their profits!

I just want to keep it real
    any suggestions on how it could be related?

ReputationRep:
    I just want to keep it real
    any suggestions on how it could be related?
    Either don't mention it because they aren't really linked, or heavily stretch the truth like I suggested

ReputationRep:
    Either don't mention it because they aren't really linked, or heavily stretch the truth like I suggested
    am i likely to get asked about the experience at the interview??

ReputationRep:
    am i likely to get asked about the experience at the interview??
    I'm assuming you're applying this year and not to Oxbridge since they don't do the course and you've missed the deadline for it. I'm unsure which University you would be applying to which requires an interview for Accounting and Finance?

ReputationRep:
    I would relate it more to your attitude to work than the actual subject as the link is a little tenuous.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you're applying this year and not to Oxbridge since they don't do the course and you've missed the deadline for it. I'm unsure which University you would be applying to which requires an interview for Accounting and Finance?
    naa not oxbridge
    UoB
    they may call me for an interview if they have to discuss something or feel something is doggy with the statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ions)
    I would relate it more to your attitude to work than the actual subject as the link is a little tenuous.
    yeah, i understand
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    naa not oxbridge
    UoB
    they may call me for an interview if they have to discuss something or feel something is doggy with the statement.
    In that case it's no problem at all, they really wont ask you about that, but in case they do just BS it a bit, not that hard

ReputationRep:
    You could also mention that working there has enabled you to be able to manage your time efficiently, balancing the charity work with school work

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i understand
    thanks
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    In that case it's no problem at all, they really wont ask you about that, but in case they do just BS it a bit, not that hard
    yeah, thanks a lot.
    appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Accoutning and finance hardly has interviews I applied to 5 good unis including UoB they gave me an offer I stretched the truth too

yeah, thanks a lot.
    appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Accoutning and finance hardly has interviews I applied to 5 good unis including UoB they gave me an offer I stretched the truth too
    are you currently in year 13 or no? because i have another question

ReputationRep:
    are you currently in year 13 or no? because i have another question
    Gap year student you can pm me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.