ellie1509
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys!
So basically I have a question.
I'm starting to get rather worried about my exams come June-July next year.
I do triple science, and am predicted an A in physics, an A in chemistry and an A in biology.
In my three additional science ISA's, I got 39/50 for physics, 40/50 for chemistry and 39/50 for biology.
I did another chemistry further ISA and got 39/50 too (but I'll be using the additional one as it's slightly better) but what I wanted to ask is, that is it still possible for me to get an A overall in each science with these ISA grades?
If it helps the grade boundaries last year were 40 for an A, 35 for a B etc (in 5's) so 39 is a very high B.
Please help as I'm really stressed and concerned ((
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course it's still possible. The ISA controlled assignment only makes up 25%. It has equal weighting with all the other 3 units. If you get a B in your ISA, and you get A, A, A in your three papers, you get an A Overall generally.
ellie1509
Rep:
?
okay, thank you!! thats made me feel a lot more confident about my exams next year!!
Chocolate12336
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hii what was your further
chemistry ISA on

(Original post by ellie1509)
Hey guys!
So basically I have a question.
I'm starting to get rather worried about my exams come June-July next year.
I do triple science, and am predicted an A in physics, an A in chemistry and an A in biology.
In my three additional science ISA's, I got 39/50 for physics, 40/50 for chemistry and 39/50 for biology.
I did another chemistry further ISA and got 39/50 too (but I'll be using the additional one as it's slightly better) but what I wanted to ask is, that is it still possible for me to get an A overall in each science with these ISA grades?
If it helps the grade boundaries last year were 40 for an A, 35 for a B etc (in 5's) so 39 is a very high B.
Please help as I'm really stressed and concerned ((
ellie1509
Rep:
?
It was on Burning fuels!
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BobBobson)
Of course it's still possible. The ISA controlled assignment only makes up 25%. It has equal weighting with all the other 3 units. If you get a B in your ISA, and you get A, A, A in your three papers, you get an A Overall generally.
No you need to get a high A in the other 3 exams also. (Just a few marks above an A grade. This is to equal the UMS into an A overall)
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ISA's are not that hard TBH. I got 100UMS on Bio and CHEM. And 95UMS in phys
ellie1509
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chocolate12336)
Hii what was your further
chemistry ISA on
it was on burning fuels!!
ellie1509
Rep:
?
(Original post by shohaib712)
No you need to get a high A in the other 3 exams also. (Just a few marks above an A grade. This is to equal the UMS into an A overall)
okay, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.54%
Excited but a bit nervous (128)
45.07%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.68%
I'm really nervous (56)
19.72%

Watched Threads