Postgrad loan - changing from tuition fee to maintenance Watch

samewela
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

I am a postgrad student. Due to the fact that, at first, my offer was conditional I applied for the loan after the deadline (May 2016). A few days ago my application was successful and the SFE scheduled the payments. I paid the first instalment of my tuition fee myself, which is 50% of the whole amount, and now I don't need to have such a big loan. Is it possible to change some part the loan from tuition fee loan to maintenance loan? And if not, just to reduce the amount of the tuition fee loan?

Many thanks,
Ewelina
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samewela)
Hello,

I am a postgrad student. Due to the fact that, at first, my offer was conditional I applied for the loan after the deadline (May 2016). A few days ago my application was successful and the SFE scheduled the payments. I paid the first instalment of my tuition fee myself, which is 50% of the whole amount, and now I don't need to have such a big loan. Is it possible to change some part the loan from tuition fee loan to maintenance loan? And if not, just to reduce the amount of the tuition fee loan?

Many thanks,
Ewelina
Did you apply for a PGL (postgrad loan)?

If so the payments are made directly to you to spend on whatever you like - tuition fees or maintenance.

If you're on a postgrad course that is covered under undergrad finance (like PGCE funding or MArch courses) then you can't change tuition loans into maintenance loans - however your university will likely refund the fees you paid if SFE pay the fees to them directly so you'll still end up with the cash indirectly.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samewela)
Hello,

Many thanks,
Ewelina
Hi, to change the amount of loan you want you can complete a PG loan request form which can be found http://bit.ly/2bnhrWJ Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (111)
14.05%
Excited (76)
9.62%
Worried (151)
19.11%
Terrified (182)
23.04%
Meh (51)
6.46%
Confused (22)
2.78%
Putting on a brave face (95)
12.03%
Impatient (102)
12.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise