Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is kinda worrying to think about, I'm studying a BTEC and for my ability I think it's it's great however whichever professional person I speak to say they studied A-levels at college like I have never heard of any teacher of my college saying they became a teacher by BTEC, weird right yet they always say that BTEC is the same as A-level just mainly coursework based, what do you guys think? BTEC or A-level?

ReputationRep:
    A levels give you more options later granted you have a suitable combo of subjects, while BTEC are better if you know what you want to do and if btec will let you achieve that

Personally, I feel that A levels are better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaky17)
    It is kinda worrying to think about, I'm studying a BTEC and for my ability I think it's it's great however whichever professional person I speak to say they studied A-levels at college like I have never heard of any teacher of my college saying they became a teacher by BTEC, weird right yet they always say that BTEC is the same as A-level just mainly coursework based, what do you guys think? BTEC or A-level?
    Im currently doing a BTEC and im hoping to be a teacher. I even know someone who did a BTEC in college and is now a qualified nurse. If you have a degree then i dont think it really matters what you did in sixth form/college.

ReputationRep:
    Well, 2 minutes in and my post is being "checked by a member of our moderation team", classic...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As mentioned above, BTECs are great if you know what route you want to go down.

As long as you fulfil the requirements, which would be subject knowledge and a degree, then you'll be able to train to become a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    A levels give you more options later granted you have a suitable combo of subjects, while BTEC are better if you know what you want to do and if btec will let you achieve that

Personally, I feel that A levels are better
    That is true A-levels do give you a wider range of options in life, however we are all different and learn in different ways, so i think having such courses available which can lead to our dream career is really amazing! thanks for you feed back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    As mentioned above, BTECs are great if you know what route you want to go down.

As long as you fulfil the requirements, which would be subject knowledge and a degree, then you'll be able to train to become a teacher.
    Im hoping of becoming a medical scientist, and in order to do that i must study biomedical science at university, im currently studying BTEC science at level three which can directly take me to my chosen course, and yes having teh knowledge is really important, thanks for your feedback!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Im currently doing a BTEC and im hoping to be a teacher. I even know someone who did a BTEC in college and is now a qualified nurse. If you have a degree then i dont think it really matters what you did in sixth form/college.
    Yes! that is very true! thanks for your feedback
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Im hoping of becoming a medical scientist, and in order to do that i must study biomedical science at university, im currently studying BTEC science at level three which can directly take me to my chosen course, and yes having teh knowledge is really important, thanks for your feedback!
    You'll ace it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.