Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to write about how Priestley shows confidence of the Birlings position. I chose this quote from Mrs Birling - "Arthur You are not suppose to say such things" Is that a good quote? I wrote that Mrs B is trying to make Arthur look high class since he is not and that she is forcing her values on him since she is worried about the assumption of the public.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's a good quote because as you said it shows she is worried about the assumptions. Someone worrying doesn't really show confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I think you can use a better quote that demonstrates confidence. For example where Mr Birling talks about his potential rise to Politics or the connections that he has with the police when the inspector arrived.

Those are just some examples, happy to go into more depth with you if you would like as this is the type of work that my company does.

Any further questions let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academicniche)
    Hi

I think you can use a better quote that demonstrates confidence. For example where Mr Birling talks about his potential rise to Politics or the connections that he has with the police when the inspector arrived.

Those are just some examples, happy to go into more depth with you if you would like as this is the type of work that my company does.

Any further questions let me know.
    Oh yes, I news to choose a quote for MRs B . For Mr burlino i choose a quote that said I may have a chance of knighthood and for Mrs B I don't want to use a quote that she says My husband is ....(don't remember the quote) since it's very similar to MR Birlings idea? Any way I can find another quote

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.