Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive just done C1 maths in my as year (because i got booted off the other maths course) and because i got a B i hav the option of doing C2 and M1 during the in the winer term and taking exams in jan and then catching up wit C3 and c4 and M2 i would be doing A2 chem and bio along with this which i can handle no problem im hoping to get a B overall in maths so i end up wit AAB
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Is there a question here?

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah sorry about that so what i wanted to ask is how much harder is A2 maths compared to As maths
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    A fair bit. But, you know, tens of thousands manage it every year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nyrus)
    ive just done C1 maths in my as year (because i got booted off the other maths course) and because i got a B i hav the option of doing C2 and M1 during the in the winer term and taking exams in jan and then catching up wit C3 and c4 and M2 i would be doing A2 chem and bio along with this which i can handle no problem im hoping to get a B overall in maths so i end up wit AAB
    A2 maths is pretty easy in my opinion. You just have to think logically about it, but just take note that you wont get better without practice - thats the thing with maths, you have to do it to improve.

ReputationRep:
    It's about this much harder:
    |<----->|

I mean um. It's harder, but still not hard - with those Edexcel textbooks, anyone can teach themselves. Be prepared to practise a fair amount though. Some people found integration difficult because they weren't totally confident with the chain rule in differentiation, in my school. :/

ReputationRep:
    not very hard, i've managed to learn C3 & 4 this summer using the OCR textbook, i would imagine M2 to be easier than either of these. but to be fair theres more free time over the summer

ReputationRep:
    I think I would have found learning C3+C4+M2 hard in half a year. If you are going to continue (and I think you should) you should probably take a look at C3+C4 while you are doing C2, so are have a little more time, and it'll make C2 easier if you practice the integration in C3+C4.

ReputationRep:
    A2 Maths isn't that bad. I only had problems with S1 as I had a crap teacher for stats.
    I would say try and get as many marks as you can at AS. I would redo C1 if I where you, there is nothing wrong with a B its a really good grade but believe me C1 seems like GCSE when compared to C3 and C4.
    Redoing C1 will leave room for error.

ReputationRep:
    A2 Maths is nicer than AS in my opinion for edexcel. I do advise you that practice is the only way you're going to make C3/4 into good grades...You might want to think about S1 as opposed to M2... just a thought. S1 is just calculator work. so if you like your psp/nintendo gadgets, you're sorted

ReputationRep:
    redo C1 you say? erm i got 73/100 you think i should retake? ok i think i will drop physics and carry on with maths i think ill start C2 today then :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nyrus)
    redo C1 you say? erm i got 73/100 you think i should retake? ok i think i will drop physics and carry on with maths i think ill start C2 today then :P
    After you've done C3 and C4, C1 will seem like a doddle, and you'll wonder how you could've ever possibly got a B in it. Retake it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nyrus)
    its a 100% must module - its sooo easy and remember other mods are slightly harder so the better you do in an easier module the more leeway you get in the harder ones. Oh and only resit if you can get it over and done with in jan - u don't want it lingering over you in june!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by rockclimber)
    its a 100% must module - its sooo easy and remember other mods are slightly harder so the better you do in an easier module the more leeway you get in the harder ones. Oh and only resit if you can get it over and done with in jan - u don't want it lingering over you in june!
    I disagree. Resits are best done in June when you've had months more practice, not right after Christmas. :p: I can't see how C1 could cause anyone any stress if they're doing C3 and C4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I disagree. Resits are best done in June when you've had months more practice, not right after Christmas. :p: I can't see how C1 could cause anyone any stress if they're doing C3 and C4.
    You'd be surprised, I know someone who got 90% in C3 but less than 60% in C1. I don't understand it either but...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by coffeym)
    You'd be surprised, I know someone who got 90% in C3 but less than 60% in C1. I don't understand it either but...
    Taken in the same session?

I suppose I got a B in M1 and 100% in M2 in the same session. But it's unlikely, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    True. C1 and C2 are a joke when you resit them in summer. Its easy to get 100/100 if you dont make silly mistakes. C1 and C2 are like the building blocks for C3 and C4.

ReputationRep:
    My advice is if you're going to do it be prepared to do the work needed, as i found out at A-level.
    I did my AS and dropped a total of 5% from Pure1 (C1&2) Stats1 and Mechanics1 so i needed to get like 20% in P2(C3) P3(C4) and Stats2 and cos i thought meh i don't need to bother working I messed up big time and only got a B...whoops! Long time ago now doing my degree and it sucks so much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.