Chemical Physics interview at Sheffield Watch

sue99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, so I've got an informal interview at Sheffield in a week. If anyone has already had an interview and/or applied for Chemical Physics, can you please offer me some tips?
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Even if it's an informal interview treat it like a formal one and dress accordingly. Make sure you can talk about your PS, interest in the course and why you want to do it and how you've developed your interest in the subject.
Emzg99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
I have a chemical physics interview too - on tuesday! Are your parents going to come? That seems normal but mine probably aren't.
sue99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Emzg99)
Hi
I have a chemical physics interview too - on tuesday! Are your parents going to come? That seems normal but mine probably aren't.
Yay! Yeah I'll be coming with my dad; i'd much rather have my mum as she's much more calming but she doesn't want to drive all that time, and train times and coach times are just not suitable so she's not coming, sad times maybe see you there!
smeddersva
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sue99)
Yay! Yeah I'll be coming with my dad; i'd much rather have my mum as she's much more calming but she doesn't want to drive all that time, and train times and coach times are just not suitable so she's not coming, sad times maybe see you there!
I have mine in 2 days how was yours and what did they ask you
sue99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by smeddersva)
I have mine in 2 days how was yours and what did they ask you
Hi! I'm telling you now- don't stress! I thoroughly enjoyed my interview. It was very relaxed and didn't feel like an interview at all, just felt like a chat. So my interviewer asked me the usual- why Sheffield? Why Chemical Physics? and then he asked me some things about my EPQ, then he started asking me about chemical structures and he even taught me something new. Just make sure you know your PS by heart, and just relax. The various tours helped us all to relax beforehand. Good luck!
smeddersva
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sue99)
Hi! I'm telling you now- don't stress! I thoroughly enjoyed my interview. It was very relaxed and didn't feel like an interview at all, just felt like a chat. So my interviewer asked me the usual- why Sheffield? Why Chemical Physics? and then he asked me some things about my EPQ, then he started asking me about chemical structures and he even taught me something new. Just make sure you know your PS by heart, and just relax. The various tours helped us all to relax beforehand. Good luck!
i know pretty much all my PS so that should be fine. my EPQ is on space exploration so i doubt they will ask about it. but thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (77)
26.92%
No (209)
73.08%

Watched Threads