Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I've got an informal interview at Sheffield in a week. If anyone has already had an interview and/or applied for Chemical Physics, can you please offer me some tips?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Even if it's an informal interview treat it like a formal one and dress accordingly. Make sure you can talk about your PS, interest in the course and why you want to do it and how you've developed your interest in the subject.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have a chemical physics interview too - on tuesday! Are your parents going to come? That seems normal but mine probably aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzg99)
    Hi
    I have a chemical physics interview too - on tuesday! Are your parents going to come? That seems normal but mine probably aren't.
    Yay! Yeah I'll be coming with my dad; i'd much rather have my mum as she's much more calming but she doesn't want to drive all that time, and train times and coach times are just not suitable so she's not coming, sad times maybe see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sue99)
    Yay! Yeah I'll be coming with my dad; i'd much rather have my mum as she's much more calming but she doesn't want to drive all that time, and train times and coach times are just not suitable so she's not coming, sad times maybe see you there!
    I have mine in 2 days how was yours and what did they ask you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smeddersva)
    I have mine in 2 days how was yours and what did they ask you
    Hi! I'm telling you now- don't stress! I thoroughly enjoyed my interview. It was very relaxed and didn't feel like an interview at all, just felt like a chat. So my interviewer asked me the usual- why Sheffield? Why Chemical Physics? and then he asked me some things about my EPQ, then he started asking me about chemical structures and he even taught me something new. Just make sure you know your PS by heart, and just relax. The various tours helped us all to relax beforehand. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sue99)
    Hi! I'm telling you now- don't stress! I thoroughly enjoyed my interview. It was very relaxed and didn't feel like an interview at all, just felt like a chat. So my interviewer asked me the usual- why Sheffield? Why Chemical Physics? and then he asked me some things about my EPQ, then he started asking me about chemical structures and he even taught me something new. Just make sure you know your PS by heart, and just relax. The various tours helped us all to relax beforehand. Good luck!
    i know pretty much all my PS so that should be fine. my EPQ is on space exploration so i doubt they will ask about it. but thank you so much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 12, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.