Graduating this year :( Lost with life. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Third year here who's pretty much struggling and stressing with life at the moment. I graduate this year and plan to go into teaching, however I don't know what to do.

I moved away from home to get away my family. I suffered from constant anxiety and depression when I was at home. My family weren't really involved in my mental health because they never understood and I had to battle with it myself. When I came to university I actually realised how much pain they had brought to me through abuse, mental and physical. I became a better person and feel far safe than i ever did before. They think our relationship is good, but from my side there isn't much left. During the summer between 1st and 2 year I stayed at uni working part time. And often don't go back during holidays. I'm also gay which they are not aware; religious and cultural reasons.

Coming to end of my degree I really don't know what to do. My family thinks Ill be moving back, which I have already said I won't. Moving back home would mean being back in a negative environment and I'm worried I would be able to leave and revert to the person I was before. I'm thinking of staying in my uni town for a year a work, and then go into teaching. But I have such high anxiety of living somewhere and getting a job. I have worked throughout uni and also have friends to live with it, but Im so lost at the moment. Anyone else been in such situation?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Third year here who's pretty much struggling and stressing with life at the moment. I graduate this year and plan to go into teaching, however I don't know what to do.

I moved away from home to get away my family. I suffered from constant anxiety and depression when I was at home. My family weren't really involved in my mental health because they never understood and I had to battle with it myself. When I came to university I actually realised how much pain they had brought to me through abuse, mental and physical. I became a better person and feel far safe than i ever did before. They think our relationship is good, but from my side there isn't much left. During the summer between 1st and 2 year I stayed at uni working part time. And often don't go back during holidays. I'm also gay which they are not aware; religious and cultural reasons.

Coming to end of my degree I really don't know what to do. My family thinks Ill be moving back, which I have already said I won't. Moving back home would mean being back in a negative environment and I'm worried I would be able to leave and revert to the person I was before. I'm thinking of staying in my uni town for a year a work, and then go into teaching. But I have such high anxiety of living somewhere and getting a job. I have worked throughout uni and also have friends to live with it, but Im so lost at the moment. Anyone else been in such situation?
You could do a masters degree?
It sounds best you stay well away from your family, I've had to do the exact same thing as you for the exact same reasons.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I thought about that too. However i think im done with actual academia. i want to go into teaching; teach first or pgce. However I wanted to take a year out and work and then go back. But im worried about not having money or a job.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought about that too. However i think im done with actual academia. i want to go into teaching; teach first or pgce. However I wanted to take a year out and work and then go back. But im worried about not having money or a job.
I suppose you could just live off of benefits in a council house? Sounds better than living with your family tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (32)
17.78%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (27)
15%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (39)
21.67%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (65)
36.11%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (6)
3.33%
No particular grades needed (11)
6.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise