Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am having a dbs done and I believe you can then register it on a database for all employers to see it .

Has anyone had this done and can they explain how it all works.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Hi,

I am having a dbs done and I believe you can then register it on a database for all employers to see it .

thanks
    I'd like to know this too

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

thanks
    yes you can. i also had mine done, and it came back clean. then you need to register it with the dbs online tracking service, and you have to pay £13 per year for this grace. Good luck!

https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hi,

thanks
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    I'd like to know this too
    When you initially apply for a DBS check, you need to do this through an employer (or volunteer organisation). They give you the details of how to apply. You can't just decide that you want one and apply on your own.

Once you've completed the DBS check you'll get a paper certificate through the post. This must be kept safe. You can then register with this website using details from that certificate. You must do so within 19 calendar days of the date of issue which is printed on the certificate. There is a charge for this of £13 per year.

Some companies won't use this and still want you to do a DBS check through them. I know Scouts won't accept a previous DBS check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can't just decide that you want one and apply on your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    When you initially apply for a DBS check, you need to do this through an employer (or volunteer organisation). They give you the details of how to apply. You can't just decide that you want one and apply on your own.

Once you've completed the DBS check you'll get a paper certificate through the post. This must be kept safe. You can then register with this website using details from that certificate. You must do so within 19 calendar days of the date of issue which is printed on the certificate. There is a charge for this of £13 per year.

Some companies won't use this and still want you to do a DBS check through them. I know Scouts won't accept a previous DBS check.
    I was given the impression that you can apply for the basic check on your own, it is just the enhanced one that you need to do with an employers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)

Thanks.

So on the update service will prospective employers see my personal details that I put on the application form for a enhanced dbs?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Juno)

I agree
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by john2054)
    I was given the impression that you can apply for the basic check on your own, it is just the enhanced one that you need to do with an employers?
    If you're asked for a "DBS check" then that refers to the one that only employers can do. You can apply for a basic disclosure, but this is basically a money making scam - employers are very unlikely to accept it, and you obviously already know if you have any convictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you're asked for a "DBS check" then that refers to the one that only employers can do. You can apply for a basic disclosure, but this is basically a money making scam - employers are very unlikely to accept it, and you obviously already know if you have any convictions.
    i don't have any convictions, but because of a couple of incidents which happened in hospital, i thought i had a caution or two. but the check came back clean, please believe me?!?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.