The Student Room Group

North Face - sizing??

Can anyone tell me their experiences with TNF clothing items? I've checked reviews online and most people say they run true to size but the odd few say too big/too small. I want to get a jacket and am usually a size 8-10, waist is 29" but I'm currently losing weight too so I don't want to get too big a fit. I've been advised to get a medium but I'm not sure, as most of my jackets are small. I don't tend to layer up especially if the coats are already warm enough.

Help :redface:
Original post by peanutbuttercup
Can anyone tell me their experiences with TNF clothing items? I've checked reviews online and most people say they run true to size but the odd few say too big/too small. I want to get a jacket and am usually a size 8-10, waist is 29" but I'm currently losing weight too so I don't want to get too big a fit. I've been advised to get a medium but I'm not sure, as most of my jackets are small. I don't tend to layer up especially if the coats are already warm enough.

Help :redface:

If you order one, are you able to send it back if it doesn't fit? If so, this is probably the best indication. With jackets, I'd always go for slightly bigger, then you can have room to add layers on in the winter :smile:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
If you order one, are you able to send it back if it doesn't fit? If so, this is probably the best indication. With jackets, I'd always go for slightly bigger, then you can have room to add layers on in the winter :smile:

Yeh I wanted to get both a small and a medium, but the smalls have sold out everywhere! So I've bought the medium and think it should be OK particularly, as you say, I'll be wearing thick jumpers from time to time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest