Turn on thread page Beta

How to get girls to want to get to know you? watch

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to get girls wanting to get to know me, (when talking online they usually stop replying after a while & don't think I'm really doing much wrong). Also they never seem to come to things I invite them to so not sure how to get to know them better in person. (They surely can't always be busy?) Even the ones that agreed to catch up then backed out when I tried to push through with the plans. I have better luck with older woman being reciprocating but they're not really my type so I see them more as friends. What to do? I already work out & groom well enough in my opinion (obviously can't change my face or anything) Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Most of us girls are into personality more than anything. I'm not saying to change your personality but maybe change the type of girls you're around and find someone who suits you better. Also it's important to look at how you come across to a girl. If she knows you're being fake with her or seem a little desperate, it will not end well. Oh and if you're meeting a girl online she might be worried about whether she can trust you.
    I hope that helps. And don't worry my friend, all in good time!

ReputationRep:
    It's hit or miss to be honest. I would personally say that it's down to compatibility. If it's a relationship that you're looking for trust needs to be built over time - not everyone is patient. I would suggest keeping your mind off it for a while, don't let it eat you up!

ReputationRep:
    1) go out to a club
    2) drink enough
    3) approach girls and be smooth, funny, confident, etc
    4) result

although, of course, everybody will slam me for this but:
    Spoiler:
    Show

girls like ass holes
    my best friend is currently with a girl I failed with because I was being far nicer than him to her - also he's more attractive, I suppose. hm.)

• Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    be famous, interesting, funny, good looking/fit , rich, good company, a good listener.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    I find it hard to get girls wanting to get to know me, (when talking online they usually stop replying after a while & don't think I'm really doing much wrong). Also they never seem to come to things I invite them to so not sure how to get to know them better in person. (They surely can't always be busy?) Even the ones that agreed to catch up then backed out when I tried to push through with the plans. I have better luck with older woman being reciprocating but they're not really my type so I see them more as friends. What to do? I already work out & groom well enough in my opinion (obviously can't change my face or anything) Many thanks!
    have you still not learned how to get a gf? :\

it's not something that can be taught, it's something you have to learn thru trial and error

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, intelligence is sexy.

A guy who is funny (not blunt but actually funny).

Someone who can break the ice and ease awkwardness without showing much sexual interest (however, try to show interest in little things about the girl; remembering small things shows you care and listen).

It makes you look fun, confident, clever and desirable- something I like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    1) go out to a club
    2) drink enough
    3) approach girls and be smooth, funny, confident, etc
    4) result

although, of course, everybody will slam me for this but:
    Spoiler:
    Show

girls like ass holes
    my best friend is currently with a girl I failed with because I was being far nicer than him to her - also he's more attractive, I suppose. hm.)

What a great(!) best friend you have there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DabThruALevels)
    What a great(!) best friend you have there
    oh no to be honest he wasn't pursuing her - she was pursuing him. that's fair enough I guess - if I'm not getting any, at least my friend will, you get me?
    one of my other good friends ****ed the one girl I've ever actually "liked" properly though. that was rough. I had been talking to her for months, and we did get together, but then he help stir some **** up, and then a year later....yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    oh no to be honest he wasn't pursuing her - she was pursuing him. that's fair enough I guess - if I'm not getting any, at least my friend will, you get me?
    one of my other good friends ****ed the one girl I've ever actually "liked" properly though. that was rough. I had been talking to her for months, and we did get together, but then he help stir some **** up, and then a year later....yeah...
    Well, to hell with 'em i say!

ReputationRep:
    You try way too hard, my friend. At this point it's probably best not to message the girls that you know (it appears as if they only think of you as a friend), and try to meet new women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    You try way too hard, my friend. At this point it's probably best not to message the girls that you know (it appears as if they only think of you as a friend), and try to meet new women.
    You're probably right to be honest, & yeah I think the girls I know do see me as friend rather than potential boyfriend which is something I need to change without become desperate. Suppose I just have to not feel so obsessed with a certain outcome, be myself & take things naturally!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.