Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im doing digital technology geography sociology and health and social care at a level and want to know if id be able to get into computer science or software engineering with them. Ive been told geography counts for a science but i doubt it in this case???
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Have you looked at course entry requirements? They're usually on the uni websites.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by kelliekerr)
    Im doing digital technology geography sociology and health and social care at a level and want to know if id be able to get into computer science or software engineering with them. Ive been told geography counts for a science but i doubt it in this case???

Hi kelliekerr :hello:

I've checked with our Admissions team and unfortunately Digital Technology and Geography do not fulfil the subject requirements for entry to the BEng/BSc/MEng Honours degrees in Computer Science or Software Engineering. However, Digital Technology does fulfil the subject requirements for admission to the BSc Honours degree in Computing and Information Technology.

Computer Science, Computing Information Technology and Software Engineering share a common core of modules in the first year, so students may transfer between these degrees at the end of first year, subject to meeting the normal progression requirements.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please give me a shout!

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Queen's University Belfast
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 6 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.