Turn on thread page Beta

I took my pill too early, what do I do? watch

I'm on the mini pill, the Progesterone-only pill (POP if you will), and I'm usually very good with taking it. However, I was having a bit of trouble with it and my doctor advised that I come off it for a while to allow my body to sort itself out and then go back on it. With this pill, you have to wait until you have a period until you can start taking it, and so along came the day where I decided I was ready to go back on it and waited for my period to arrive. It was estimated to arrive a few days ago and sure enough, I started bleeding almost on cue. So naturally, without hesitation I began taking my pill, only to realise two days later that it was only a bit of spotting. I'm still currently waiting to actually come on, but now I'm stuck having taken two pills and I'm worried about whether I've screwed myself. I'm 20 and have been taking birth control for five years now, I should be a bit wiser, but unfortunately I think I was a bit eager.
    TL;DR I took my progesterone-only pill before I actually started my period and now I'm worried about what is going to happen to me, hoping someone can help me out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Talk to a pharmacist or your GP.

But the usual reasons for waiting for a period before starting are so that you can go 'I'm protected from the start' as well as being an indication that you're not already pregnant. Is there another reason for doing so with this one? If not, just use another form of contraception for seven days.

In any case, you've two choices: carry on taking it or stopping and waiting for your next period. Taking the two (three now?) pills may well affect when that will be.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.