I am really hating the state of my life atm Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I really f***n hate my work and personal life atm. im trapped doing dead end freeance work a few days a month as there isnt any jobs going around. i want to quit my jobs since I was at uni but have to do them as a) i have only been a registered professional for about a year; and b) im the only one in my house with any form of employment. I really need someone to talk to as I am fed up ad want out
Orbital Rising
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't worry WW3 is approaching so none of this will matter. :fuhrer:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Orbital Rising)
Don't worry WW3 is approaching so none of this will matter. :fuhrer:
whilst i admire your "optimism". im just fed up being tied down to my job. whats worse, i am scared that i may be done for harassment due to something i think was relevant issues (in hindsight my "everyone should learn about things " mentality is a tad stupid at times but what can you do)
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:sorry::sorry::sorry:
That sure sounds like you are fed up
:console:
I wish I had some useful advice,
but hopefully other TSRians will help.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I really f***n hate my work and personal life atm. im trapped doing dead end freeance work a few days a month as there isnt any jobs going around. i want to quit my jobs since I was at uni but have to do them as a) i have only been a registered professional for about a year; and b) im the only one in my house with any form of employment. I really need someone to talk to as I am fed up ad want out
Professional what?
You are working freelance 2 days a month?
Orbital Rising
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
whilst i admire your "optimism". im just fed up being tied down to my job. whats worse, i am scared that i may be done for harassment due to something i think was relevant issues (in hindsight my "everyone should learn about things " mentality is a tad stupid at times but what can you do)
Talk to someone at your university about career options, financial support, nuclear bunkers, etc. You might qualify for a bursary. TSR users won't be able to help without knowing the details of your situation.

Unless I read your OP wrong and you're not at uni. You can still use them as a reference to get experience elsewhere if you are really unhappy. There might be a bit of time before societal collapse.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by starfab)
:sorry::sorry::sorry:
That sure sounds like you are fed up
:console:
I wish I had some useful advice,
but hopefully other TSRians will help.
thats ok dude(tte-no idea which you are as I didnt notice any identifiers - ignorant on my part). but please answer the thread link im about to post (this is one of the nails in the coffin for me to quit my current freelance work)http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post68456070
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Orbital Rising)
Talk to someone at your university about career options, financial support, nuclear bunkers, etc. You might qualify for a bursary. TSR users won't be able to help without knowing the details of your situation.
i graduated 3 and a bit years ago :P I was originally looking to do another degree but thanks to cameron and his cronies, tuition fees tripled and grants are gone so that means that to do the further education course I wanted to do, ill have to fork out 70-90k out of my own pocket (which at my current level of pay will take 9 years). I have other options I am considering but they also require me forking out money (nowhere near as much but still a significant amount for someone with <£14k savings atm).

regarding nuclear bunkers however, i know some people who work for MoD so ill hook them up
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Professional what?
You are working freelance 2 days a month?
technically im a locum pharmacist. I work ~5 days a month give or take due to the stupendous amount of pharmacists vs job availability (supply is more than 3 times demand) some days I get more work but I have to limit it as I have fibromyalgia since I was a young child and i get in tonnes of pain if I do tonnes of manual labour. on top of that, I of my parents is physically disabled with different conditions whilst the other has mental health issues and sadly I have to be around at all times as im the only other member of family. I wouldnt mind doing hospital or GP pharmacy (or pharmacovigilance) but community pharmacy is a f***n pisstake
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
technically im a locum pharmacist. I work ~5 days a month give or take due to the stupendous amount of pharmacists vs job availability (supply is more than 3 times demand) some days I get more work but I have to limit it as I have fibromyalgia since I was a young child and i get in tonnes of pain if I do tonnes of manual labour. on top of that, I of my parents is physically disabled with different conditions whilst the other has mental health issues and sadly I have to be around at all times as im the only other member of family. I wouldnt mind doing hospital or GP pharmacy (or pharmacovigilance) but community pharmacy is a f***n pisstake
Sorry you are having a rough time, but the info helps me understand a bit more where you are.

You need to become your next project again.
Look after yourself.
Eat well.
Exercise.
Spent time devising and then pursuing your plan.

I dont know enough about the area, but either.

If you want GP or hospital pharmacy, then id the jobs, id how to improve your cv and skills into applying. It requires, effort, focus and application.

You sure you wnat to stay in pharmacu or appluy for graduate jobs in general?

You also need to keep in good mental health as you cant put effort in or perform well at interview without it.

Put a bit of money aside to create a fighting fund and then develop your skills.
Job id, applications, interviews.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Color-...r+of+parachute

Propsects is the graduate career site.

there are other pharmacists on here including one who did a detailed post reflecting what you are experiencing now.

Is a good book. on the process. You just have to keep trying. Sorry no brilliant post a bit late. Speak to a careers adviser either at the uni near you or on national careers or prospects.
Anonymous #1
Sorry you are having a rough time, but the info helps me understand a bit more where you are.

You need to become your next project again.
Look after yourself.
Eat well.
Exercise.
Spent time devising and then pursuing your plan.

I dont know enough about the area, but either.

If you want GP or hospital pharmacy, then id the jobs, id how to improve your cv and skills into applying. It requires, effort, focus and application.

You sure you wnat to stay in pharmacu or appluy for graduate jobs in general?

You also need to keep in good mental health as you cant put effort in or perform well at interview without it.

Put a bit of money aside to create a fighting fund and then develop your skills.
Job id, applications, interviews.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Color-...r+of+parachute

Propsects is the graduate career site.

there are other pharmacists on here including one who did a detailed post reflecting what you are experiencing now.

Is a good book. on the process. You just have to keep trying. Sorry no brilliant post a bit late. Speak to a careers adviser either at the uni near you or on national careers or prospects.
cheers tigger. with hospital and gp, the main thing holding me back is a lack of experience. hospital, a lot of jobs want a minimum of 6 months in hospital, and the irony is nobody wants you to work voluntarily for 6 months. GP on the otherhand requries 2 years experience full stop.

my general goal is to avoid pharmacy where possible (especially community) and pursue another field. I would be interested in going into medicine however I am screwed financially; the other options arent pharmacy related per say but would involve me investing a lot of my time and money to make work
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
cheers tigger. with hospital and gp, the main thing holding me back is a lack of experience. hospital, a lot of jobs want a minimum of 6 months in hospital, and the irony is nobody wants you to work voluntarily for 6 months. GP on the otherhand requries 2 years experience full stop.

my general goal is to avoid pharmacy where possible (especially community) and pursue another field. I would be interested in going into medicine however I am screwed financially; the other options arent pharmacy related per say but would involve me investing a lot of my time and money to make work
You need to plan and research, this is what you should be using your time for. It will give you purpose and help with depression.

What about netwroking or a mentor?

Make a plan for both pharmacy and non pharmacy then pursue both seeing which one pans out. You need to feel you have purpose.
Anonymous #1
You need to plan and research, this is what you should be using your time for. It will give you purpose and help with depression.

What about netwroking or a mentor?

Make a plan for both pharmacy and non pharmacy then pursue both seeing which one pans out. You need to feel you have purpose.
believe me ive made plans

mentoring is ironic as I do a lot of mentoring irl (personally prefer charity and volunteer work to com pharm but it doesnt pay bills sadly).

whilst I get what you mean about planning, im not depressed as of yet but am extremely annoyed with circumstances (atm id say anxiety is playing a part otherwise I would have been sleeping a while ago)
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
believe me ive made plans

mentoring is ironic as I do a lot of mentoring irl (personally prefer charity and volunteer work to com pharm but it doesnt pay bills sadly).

whilst I get what you mean about planning, im not depressed as of yet but am extremely annoyed with circumstances (atm id say anxiety is playing a part otherwise I would have been sleeping a while ago)
Too tired to debate with you.
Just becayse you mentor doesnt preclude it from being applicable.
It would make sense you manage yourself so that you are able to perform.

Up to you.
Anonymous #1
Too tired to debate with you.
Just becayse you mentor doesnt preclude it from being applicable.
It would make sense you manage yourself so that you are able to perform.

Up to you.
im not trying to debate tbh (apologies for the impression). I agree about the mentoring thing (I have spoken to people who are helpful but i feel the need to talk more than a small amount of time) and am generally not keen on networking as its usually people more miserable than myself . but agreed it is late. thanks for letting me vent a bit - should help me sleep a tiny bit (i am quite nervous atm as I am worried about sexual harasment due to me talking in depth about condoms to female staff members after a series of bizarre condom queries, which resulted in 2 staff members complaining about me to supervisors - for more info, here's a linkhttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post68456070)

overall, ive been told to apologise to the staff members are not to go in depth again (I have a habit of explaining things in detail without considering social etiquette - i view everyone the same and dont treat anyone different)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%