HMRC Tax Professional Caseworker EO vs FastStream career development

Watch
ah_01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi All,

Firstly I do apologize if this is a re-post. I did look through other threads on Tax Professional Caseworker job, however I was unable locate my querry in there. Thanks

I applied for Fast Stream and was unsuccessful, however I have received a provisional offer for the post of grade O Tax Professional Caseworker as an EO.

I wonder if anyone here has an idea of how different the career progression is in this case as compared to joining through fast stream or TSP? I believe the fast streamers start a grade higher as HEO, but are the prospects after that good or does it mean to keep reapplying to fast stream and TSP again for better career progression?

Thanks
Marath
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you are very good there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to advance your career starting as an EO. You can apply for promotions and possibly progress quite quickly. Also if you take the role there is still nothing stopping you from applying for Fast Stream and TSP again.

Obviously progression would most likely be quicker with Fast Stream or TSP, but there is no guarantee that you would ever succeed on joining the schemes. My advice is that if you want a career with the Civil Service, then take the job, try and work your way up, and keep applying for Fast Stream and TSP anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.33%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.55%
Loneliness (82)
10.62%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.46%

Watched Threads