Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional Caseworker EO vs FastStream career development watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

Firstly I do apologize if this is a re-post. I did look through other threads on Tax Professional Caseworker job, however I was unable locate my querry in there. Thanks

I applied for Fast Stream and was unsuccessful, however I have received a provisional offer for the post of grade O Tax Professional Caseworker as an EO.

I wonder if anyone here has an idea of how different the career progression is in this case as compared to joining through fast stream or TSP? I believe the fast streamers start a grade higher as HEO, but are the prospects after that good or does it mean to keep reapplying to fast stream and TSP again for better career progression?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you are very good there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to advance your career starting as an EO. You can apply for promotions and possibly progress quite quickly. Also if you take the role there is still nothing stopping you from applying for Fast Stream and TSP again.

Obviously progression would most likely be quicker with Fast Stream or TSP, but there is no guarantee that you would ever succeed on joining the schemes. My advice is that if you want a career with the Civil Service, then take the job, try and work your way up, and keep applying for Fast Stream and TSP anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.