Turn on thread page Beta

I don't enjoy my course as well as I thought I would... watch

ReputationRep:
    Im 16 and started college in September. I go to college and study level 2 Computing and IT. When I was in school I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do for a living. I was even one of the last people in my year to pick a course at college (IT) I picked that course because it's the only thing I enjoy doing (Video games, graphic design, etc... ( I have no social life and barley any irl friends, except a couple in other courses in college who I hardly see as they have a different timetable). The last 8 days I have been faking an illness because I just don't want to go in.. I know I can easily choose another course, but I really don't know what one to do.....
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Kaasonic)
    Im 16 and started college in September. I go to college and study level 2 Computing and IT. When I was in school I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do for a living. I was even one of the last people in my year to pick a course at college (IT) I picked that course because it's the only thing I enjoy doing (Video games, graphic design, etc... ( I have no social life and barley any irl friends, except a couple in other courses in college who I hardly see as they have a different timetable). The last 8 days I have been faking an illness because I just don't want to go in.. I know I can easily choose another course, but I really don't know what one to do.....
    I know what you mean, choosing your options can be a very stressful thing as well as studying something that you don't like.

What I would suggest is looking at a list of every subject offered by your college and look at what you want to study/do. Do they offer something like art or graphic design or anything like that? Also have a look at other subjects, particularly ones you enjoyed at/did well in at GCSE and g from there.

I believe that doing an apprenticeship is also an alternative so just keep that in mind if not this year then for next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I know what you mean, choosing your options can be a very stressful thing as well as studying something that you don't like.

What I would suggest is looking at a list of every subject offered by your college and look at what you want to study/do. Do they offer something like art or graphic design or anything like that? Also have a look at other subjects, particularly ones you enjoyed at/did well in at GCSE and g from there.

I believe that doing an apprenticeship is also an alternative so just keep that in mind if not this year then for next year.
    Thanks for the tips 🙂

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.