Can I Live By My Own At 16? Watch

TheRookie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My parents and I are different people and I'm quite frankly sick of being told that they're my saviours. There's a low possibility that I'll leave home at 16 but, within the event that I believe that I must, I want to know what my options are. Is it possible for me to acquire accomodation at 16+ within the N.I., if I can't legally rent a room? I don't want to live within a care home or a foster home and I don't want to live with a relative. I just want to know whether I can apply to live somewhere with public funding or a loan.
Kathy044
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
First of all, why do you think in such a way that don't want to live with them?? They are your parents and they have the responsibility to take care of you. Even you after your marriage will take care of your kid right? Think from their situation. You may feel that you have to be independent, but this may hurt your parents. You need their care now. You are just growing up and it's not the age for you to live alone.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Okay, Kathy. I know that my reply is two months past its due date. I was cleaning out my e-mail, when I saw your comment. It's better late than never. Kathy, I am going to do you one better. Instead of replying to your comment by refuting your claims with personal experiences, I am going to point out the intrinsic fallacies within your logic. I will do so by rewording your comment from the perspective of an unhealthy relationship dynamic, thereby illustrating the ageist double standard within our society that we refuse to apply to other relationships:

"First of all, why do you think that you want to leave your husband? He is your husband and he has a responsibility to take care of you, even after you, of course, marry and have kids -- because that's how everyone's lives end up. You may feel that you need to be independent from your husband but, if you're independent from him, won't he feel hurt? You need your husband to care of you now. You are just growing into your place within the world and it's not the time for you to live alone."

I doubt that you will listen to me or attempt to understand the double standard that is applied to our biological relationships over our non-biological relationships. Please, never contact me, again. I don't want to communicate with a person who overreacts to my desire to live independently at a reasonable age by gaslighting me. I have very little interest, furthermore, within being told that I owe my parents my presence because of a biological relationship. I have little interest within marriage or children being factored into the argument unreasonably, including the factoring of my parents into my maritial life or relationships with potential offspring.

I have little interest within being told that my parents, who you do not know, want to take care of me, will take care of me or know how to take care of me. I do not need to explain my situation to you beyond the details provided within my initial comment, nor do I need you to demand that I empathise with my parents or consider that they might "feel hurt by my independence." I do not wish to be infantilised and demeaned, told that I need to be dependent upon others because of my age or told that I'm an inadequate provider because of my youth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%