Despite all the entire establishment and media against him...how did Trump win? Watch

Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
BBC was firmly for Clinton

CNN was the Clinton News Network

How did he win ?
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Social media has made it easier to see the lies of the media
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The same reason Brexit won: people's gullibility has no limits.
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have to agree, social media perpetuated bull is what helped trump win this campaign.

He appealed to the science illiterate and the religious masses and that was enough.

The racism bothers me. But the STEM denial, that scares me.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Never underestimate the collective stupidity of humans.
Results
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He visited Israel about 7 days ago and the press didn't cover it.
Why would a presidential candidate visit a foreign country so close to the finals?
He visited Jerusalem instead of Tel Aviv which is what the Israeli president wants. He wants Jerusalem to be recognised as it's capital and that's what Trump did.

The result of this visit? Israel has the FBI reopen Clinton's case FOR NO REASON. To instill doubt in Clinton voters. Well, it worked.

They're both equally as ****ed tbh

No one has EVER mentioned this - but I did some deep digging ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
???

Do you know what a vote is...?

Well it happened. That's merely how he won :confused:...what part is confusing for you people.
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Yes, but there was also collective resentment against the establishment.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the sheer scale of bias in the media actually worked to the detriment of the anti-Trumpers. People are giving the finger to a media that has been unashamedly and relentlessly partisan, and toed the establishment line.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
I think the sheer scale of bias in the media actually worked to the detriment of the anti-Trumpers. People are giving the finger to a media that has been unashamedly and relentlessly partisan, and toed the establishment line.
i was thinking that too, a mate said all these media slams against trump just blew him up more

you know people will rebel "against the masses" solely off principle and so that's what happened

they should've ignored him
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He gave a voice to the millions of Americans who suffered under rising health costs, an economy that had evolved but was unable to help them transition and an education system that was increasingly giving importance to feelings and less to fact.
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Putting Hilary as his opponent was just ridiculous. I think even Bernie would have beaten Trump.
TimGB
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He said controversial stuff, the American media gave him attention because controversial stuff makes more interesting news. Trump realised this could work so he said more controversial stuff and media gave him more attention. Essentially the American media managed to turn a cranky old businessman into a major political figure by continuously giving him more and more attention. All Trump needed to do was to play along, and it worked brilliantly for him.
Kürbiskern
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Results)
He visited Israel about 7 days ago and the press didn't cover it.
Why would a presidential candidate visit a foreign country so close to the finals?
He visited Jerusalem instead of Tel Aviv which is what the Israeli president wants. He wants Jerusalem to be recognised as it's capital and that's what Trump did.

The result of this visit? Israel has the FBI reopen Clinton's case FOR NO REASON. To instill doubt in Clinton voters. Well, it worked.

They're both equally as ****ed tbh

No one has EVER mentioned this - but I did some deep digging ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I didn't know about this, so I looked it up but could only find information about his planned, and then cancelled trip to Israel. Could you send me your source?
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)

How did he win ?
Trump is part of the establishment.Hilary clinton was in the front row at his wedding.You don't get former first ladies coming to your wedding if you're not heavily influenced in the establishment.Besides in america money talks and trump has billions.America is pretty much run by corporations.
nutz99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would guess that some people voted for Trump because they believe in his policies. Others probably voted for him because they are sick and tired of corrupt, dishonest, lying, immoral politicians whose sole purpose seems to be to line their own pockets i.e. Obama & Clinton.

Either way the right person won, the crook lost and hopefully she will soon be in prison where she belongs.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was “a-political” until the morning of 24th June 2016. Then I realised that the experts and media I listened to were out of touch with what the majority of people actually think and experience, as was I. I looked up a few reports that focused on this and began to understand, so, what just happened in the USA came as no surprise.

Many hard-working (or would-be hard-working) Americans found it offensive that their jobs, their neighbourhoods, amenities, social services, financial security and all that goes with that (house, marriage, children’s welfare) was threatened or had been taken from them. The enemies of America are seen by them as those responsible. When you are losing what little hope you have, you are effectively already at war. Comfortable (unthreatened) people who think they understand the World they live in because they listen to similarly comfortable "experts" in the media will not understand this.

Many Americans didn't vote for Trump as such, they saw no prospect of change under Hilary. The fault, as ever, isn’t the masses, it’s those in power who gave themselves a good deal at the expense of others. Just like the rise of Hitler was not the fault of gullible German people, it was the leaders of the League of Nations who were too busy enjoying themselves in the 20s & 30s to figure out what people need for dignity. I'm not likening Trump to Hitler! ... Although Trump is a flawed character who could do with some advice and correction, (certain people in the media say he's just promoting himself), I believe he genuinely wants to fix the division that previous leaders allowed. His speech gives economic hope to many. As with Brexit, people can either be obstructive or constructive.
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

How did he win ?
You've named the reason.

Common man is sick of establishment and in current situation did exactly the opposite the establishment tell him to do.
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
I expected better off you.
User1213
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

How did he win ?
Trump > Clinton that's why
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.66%

Watched Threads