Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone?

Hate/don't support, whatever
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I voted Brexit and Trump is just not a good candidate for presidency. He seems to have few particular ideas, just meaningless catchphrases and outlandish stuff that will never, and should never, be passed.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
I voted Brexit and Trump is just not a good candidate for presidency. He seems to have few particular ideas, just meaningless catchphrases and outlandish stuff that will never, and should never, be passed.
well there's one, that's enough

since people think brexit voters and trump voters correlate
SHMK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I voted Leave as well and I believe he's not a decent candidate as he has no experience in politics and it's not like running a business.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
well there's one, that's enough

since people think brexit voters and trump voters correlate
White working class men in the UK may or may not support Trump. That we don't know. What we do know is that working class men in the UK voted for Brexit and working class men in the US voted for Trump. Overwhelmingly.

It's not what I "think", it's well established for Brexit and all but certain for Trump (we'll see soon when the voting data come out)
Naveed-7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I voted Brexit and I support Donald Trump alot. He is the man for the job. He has also said that he will still be friends and trade with UK after Brexit.
username2080673
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I supported Brexit and think Trump's a dunce who has no redeeming qualities that'll bring the US disrepute.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I voted brexit AND I supported trump
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I voted for Brexit.
Clinton probably has/had the better policies as Trump's seem too protectionist & just generally unworkable. Neither Clinton or Trump have particularly good personalities & both have bad track records. It's crazy how either of those two ended up as nominees out of a country of over 300 million people.

I'm open to see what he'll bring; maybe he'll be a new Ronald Reagan but I can't really see it. The fact that Putin, Marie Le Pen and other far right leaders are reacting with glee certainly isn't a reassuring sign.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I voted Remain and whilst I wouldnt have voted for him I have some Trump sympathies. I liked his acceptance speech- especially the fact he didn't say any religious nonsense.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Anyone else?
Nirvana1989-1994
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I voted Remain, AND I hate Trump.

Shocker?
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my parents voted remain so its cool
Lord Samosa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm sure/hope not all leave voters are complete idiots that they'd actually support Trump.

Americans are just a bit special it seems, if they ended up with Clinton and Trump as their two candidates out of all people.
TastelessGum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tempest II)
I voted for Brexit.
Clinton probably has/had the better policies as Trump's seem too protectionist & just generally unworkable. Neither Clinton or Trump have particularly good personalities & both have bad track records. It's crazy how either of those two ended up as nominees out of a country of over 300 million people.

I'm open to see what he'll bring; maybe he'll be a new Ronald Reagan but I can't really see it. The fact that Putin, Marie Le Pen and other far right leaders are reacting with glee certainly isn't a reassuring sign.
Maybe Hillary is slightly more free on trade than Trump but how much freer? she sounds very much like a protectionist to me.

Also, Trump has no track record in politics. Neither good nor bad.
TheMcSame
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Brexit...

Can't say I support him... At least not at the moment, I'm willing to give him a chance. Though I don't particularly have high hopes, with him being a businessman, I can't see him doing much to help the common man, he's going to be massively in favor of big business. Tax cuts for businesses, lowering tax in the higher tax bands, ect...

I think Trump could do some good for international relations in some areas, as long as he's serious about improving Russian-US relations. Mexico is probably a lost cause though.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TastelessGum)
Maybe Hillary is slightly more free on trade than Trump but how much freer? she sounds very much like a protectionist to me.

Also, Trump has no track record in politics. Neither good nor bad.
Clinton did say some protectionist statements in public but evidence then came out which suggested that she didn't want the status quo to change when speaking to private audiences. I think Trump's success forced her to sound more protectionist than she actually wanted to be too.

Yeah Clinton's track record isn't great but it's difficult comparing UK & US politics - I'm a centre right Conservative voter over here in the UK; I support the right to abortion, am very sceptical of religion, would support tighter firearm controls & have some sympathy for those in America who would more universal health care. In America those views would probably but me closer to the centre & possibly into the Democrat camp.
Trump's admission that he outsourced jobs overseas while being against that practice during his campaigning, the lack of clarity on paying his taxes, his approaches to Putin, disregard for NATO's Article 5 and generally his disrespectful attitude all count against him in my book.
That said, I'm quite happy to be proven wrong & I hope he genuinely does manage to do well over the next 4 years. The Republicans have control over Congress so he might get an easy ride to get policy through as long as it's not too crazy. I'm not sure if his wall will ever get built for example.
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Supported Leaving and can't stand Trump. He just comes off as brash and irritating.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
I voted Remain, AND I hate Trump.

Shocker?
I ain't askin bout da remain :unimpressed:
no offense though, they shoulda voted Leave

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
my parents voted remain so its cool
How is it cool that Trump is pres when they voted remain..?
TeenRose29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
I ain't askin bout da remain :unimpressed:
no offense though, they shoulda voted Leave

How is it cool that Trump is pres when they voted remain..?
its not but couldnt be arsed less because i dont live in America and I don't really wanaa visit anymore
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.73%
Excited (139)
8.67%
Worried (291)
18.15%
Terrified (364)
22.71%
Meh (144)
8.98%
Confused (35)
2.18%