PGDE applications 2017 entry interviews Watch

dgilmour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys!
I'm in my third year at Glasgow Uni and I sent off my UCAS application for PGDE with Physics a few weeks ago and heard back from two universities about interviews yesterday- and the first is on the 18th! I'm really panicking about what do for my 5 minute presentation since it can be on literally anything. What are you all thinking about? Any other tips for interviews would also be fab!

Danielle
brownie.22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Danielle!
I'm at Glasgow uni too and I've heard back only from UWS so far for my PGDE in chemistry! Where have u got interviews for?
I'm also struggling to think of something for my 5 minute presentation
Thanks,
Kimberly ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
dgilmour
Rep:
?
I've got an interview for Strathclyde on the 18th and one for UWS on the 30th! I'm still waiting to hear back from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee though. Where else are you applying for? It's just annoying that it can be on anything at all, I don't know where to start!

Danielle

(Original post by brownie.22)
Hi Danielle!
I'm at Glasgow uni too and I've heard back only from UWS so far for my PGDE in chemistry! Where have u got interviews for?
I'm also struggling to think of something for my 5 minute presentation
Thanks,
Kimberly ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
brownie.22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aw that's great, congrats!
I applied for Strathclyde, Glasgow and Edinburgh ☺️
I know that's what I'm like, especially because it's only for 5 minutes and no PowerPoint. It's to see how u can pass on your enthusiasm and also how you can handle questions under pressure!
Is it this month your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
dgilmour
Rep:
?
The whole "no powerpoint" thing is a pain. I'm just hoping they see how much we want it through the individual interviews!
Yeah, they're both this month, talk about short notice! I just really want to hear back from Glasgow soon.
I've been trying to find some decent tips for what sort of questions they're going to ask too, but it's proving difficult

Aw that's great, congrats!
I applied for Strathclyde, Glasgow and Edinburgh ☺️
I know that's what I'm like, especially because it's only for 5 minutes and no PowerPoint. It's to see how u can pass on your enthusiasm and also how you can handle questions under pressure!
Is it this month your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
brownie.22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah it's so so hard!!! Let me know how you get on for both and what the interviews are like etc!
I really want to get into Strathclyde ☹️️!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
dgilmour
Rep:
?
Yeah of course! Good luck with your other choices

Yeah it's so so hard!!! Let me know how you get on for both and what the interviews are like etc!
I really want to get into Strathclyde ☹️️!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
bennet1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
I am looking to do pdge in chemistry so emailed all the university with my academic transcript, i done forensic sciences and so far they have gotten back to me saying there is not efficient chemistry content, even tho previous students from my course have gotten into chemistry teaching !
Any advice in who i can contact ?
Currently writing my personal statement in preparation for my application, any advice ?
dgilmour
Rep:
?
Hey there!
Sorry I'm just seeing this! I'd probably just talk about the particular areas of your degree and how they relate to the CfE, etc. But as for the personal statement, I personally started off with the basics on why I wanted to be a teacher and talked loads about my experience in classrooms. Also I talked about what different interests I have outside my subject and what I could contribute to schools (after school activities, etc). Glasgow Uni have a really good template for PGDE Secondary personal statements that you could have a look at too! (www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_353210_en.pdf) I didn't really talk about CfE and still managed to get interviews, but it's your choice!
Good luck!!

Dani

(Original post by bennet1)
Hi
I am looking to do pdge in chemistry so emailed all the university with my academic transcript, i done forensic sciences and so far they have gotten back to me saying there is not efficient chemistry content, even tho previous students from my course have gotten into chemistry teaching !
Any advice in who i can contact ?
Currently writing my personal statement in preparation for my application, any advice ?
brownie.22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! How did you get on with your interview for Strathclyde? What was the format like?
Thanks,
Kimberly

Posted from TSR Mobile
dgilmour
Rep:
?
It went really well, thanks! I actually got a conditional offer back today (since I haven't graduated yet), which was surprising!
The head of admissions for physics/maths was there as well as a science teacher from a local school, and they just gave us a quick 10 minute overview of the course then we moved onto our presentations. They were quite strict about timing though, so I'd just watch out! We got a 10 minute break then the first individual interview started (mine!) Basically just asked questions like "why do you want to be a teacher?", "what qualities do you think make a good teacher?", etc. It was really chilled out and though, and they said Strathclyde aim to get back within a week!

Good luck!
Dani

Hey! How did you get on with your interview for Strathclyde? What was the format like?
Thanks,
Kimberly

Posted from TSR Mobile
brownie.22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aw that's great, congratulations!!! You'll be so chuffed with it . Mines won't be until February time due to health reasons but fingers crossed I get in too haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
dgilmour
Rep:
?
Aw I'm sure you'll do amazing and get in no problem! Let us know how it goes!

Aw that's great, congratulations!!! You'll be so chuffed with it . Mines won't be until February time due to health reasons but fingers crossed I get in too haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dgilmour)
Hey guys!
I'm in my third year at Glasgow Uni and I sent off my UCAS application for PGDE with Physics a few weeks ago and heard back from two universities about interviews yesterday- and the first is on the 18th! I'm really panicking about what do for my 5 minute presentation since it can be on literally anything. What are you all thinking about? Any other tips for interviews would also be fab!

Danielle
what did you end up doing your presentation on?
dgilmour
Rep:
?
I ended up doing it on Fairtrade!
Danielle

(Original post by deedee123)
what did you end up doing your presentation on?
emmaa_janee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, there have any of you has an interview with UWS yet at all?
Meganng8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have an interview soon for PDGE primary teaching UWS ayr
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%
Putting on a brave face (233)
13.71%
Impatient (213)
12.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise