Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok so im off on some travels around europe soon...not western europe though (except italy!) and i dont just want it to be cultural. anyone know of some really great places to go for someone like me (21 years old) and is into clubbing and doing stuff other than museums and walks (not that i dont like that, but the lonely planet guides etc. only concentrate on there things!).
    p.s. dont say ibiza...central and eastern europe only

also, any places people would recommend to go in italy, slovenia, austria, czech republic, poland, hungary, serbia and croatia...could be a city, could be a town, could be a house by a lake with no phone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    ok so im off on some travels around europe soon...not western europe though (except italy!) and i dont just want it to be cultural. anyone know of some really great places to go for someone like me (21 years old) and is into clubbing and doing stuff other than museums and walks (not that i dont like that, but the lonely planet guides etc. only concentrate on there things!).

also, any places people would recommend to go in italy, slovenia, austria, czech republic, poland, hungary, serbia and croatia...could be a city, could be a town, could be a house by a lake with no phone!
    go to lake bled in slovenia- truly beautiful my dad says
    http://www.uvi.si/eng/slovenia/photos/tourism/085/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    go to lake bled in slovenia- truly beautiful my dad says
    http://www.uvi.si/eng/slovenia/photos/tourism/085/
    that looks sooooo amazing! thanks, willd eifntiely now be heading to lake bled! may try and swim to the island.

ReputationRep:
    that looks sooooo amazing! thanks, willd eifntiely now be heading to lake bled! may try and swim to the island.
    lol!!
    careful the deep lake monster doesn't catch you!!!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    no one else been to central or eastern europe???? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    no one else been to central or eastern europe???? :confused:
    In Italy - head to Rome and/or Sorrento - both are brilliant for very contrasting reasons: Rome's pace of life and general history and Sorrento's relaxed lifestyle with picturesque surroundings.

ReputationRep:
    Def go to Rome. I have been there and it is definitely one of the best european/world destinations i have been to. Venice is also nice but Rome is much better.

Also u'd b dumb not to visit Prague!

ReputationRep:
    I'm American and currently in high school, but once i graduate i want to spend a year traveling through Europe. My best friend suggested that I go to Amsterdam if I wanted to party a lot. I don't know if it's be any fun or not, but she recomended it.

ReputationRep:
    Munich in germany is pretty damn cool. Not too cheap though; it's one of the wealthiest cities in europe.

Milan is amazing too - you'll never visit another city with as many beautiful people.

ReputationRep:

I dont get it. Why do you need to go to central and eastern Europe to do things like clubbing? There are holidays which cater much better for such activities (Club 18-30 comes to mind) and come at a much cheaper price.

The most exciting thing about visiting the countries you have listed is that you should embrace the different culture and history of these places - something that you can only truly appreciate if you do the whole museum, art-gallery and architecture gazing thing. I personally cant wait until I go inter-railing next summer so I can do exactly this.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.