Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could someone write me a essay about positives on Donald trump as i like the guy but don't know many positives.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any...? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234moon)
    Are there any...? I don't think so.
    Yes there is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard.T)
    Yes there is.
    Right then. How about you write the essay yourself? Lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is.
    NOOOO!! It is 'Yes there are.' not 'Yes there is.'
    And I mean at least he's vaguely less corrupt than Clinton.
    I just pity all the imbeciles who decided to screw themselves over firstly by choosing the 2 worst candidates possible and then for actually selecting one of them rather than leaving America ASAP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    get ready for Marxist's agenda finally being practically enforced.

let the revolution begin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    get ready for Marxist's agenda finally being practically enforced.

let the revolution begin!
    Labour!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Here are some I can think of (off the top of my head):

Healthcare
    - Improve healthcare system by increasing competition for cover (break down state boundaries)
    - Repeal Obamacare which has consistently increased premiums

Economic
    - Support small business owners and large business owners alike by lowering corporation tax.
    - Repeal unbalanced free trade deals (TTIP, NAFTA etc), and create better ones. Key advantage for UK is that he said he would place UK at the front of the list in terms of negotiating a free trade deal (unlike Obama/Clinton who said we would be at the back of the list).
    - Direction towards greater efficiency within frameworks of state institutions (success in some respects is evident with how he has managed his enterprises)
    - Create a greater sense of autarky and reinvigoration of American jobs (America First plan), bring back jobs in auto industry, manufacturing etc
    - Resurge growth in inner cities which has declined.

Foreign Policy
    - Establish greater stability with Russia (not impose no-fly zone in Syria for example)
    - Seen to be seen as more effective in eradicating terror threats (in polls vs Clinton).
    - Taking a firm position against middle-eastern nations which can be seen to perhaps warrant greater threat in recent times (Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar for example).
    - Idea of strengthening America's position in the world which many believe is weak.

Immigration
    - Prevent 'illegal' immigration, which has created an unregulated job market and lost tax revenues. Further undermines legal process of obtaining process of green card and citizenship.

Internal
    - Support of republican senate and congress, more effective passing of policy
    - Make at least an attempt to stand against 'special interest' and 'lobby groups'. Stop corruption.

You then have more personal opinions which may be considered advantages, such as conservatism (term of abortion) and method of border control.

General advantage is that, as exit polls showed, Trump represents change rather than continuity which many saw in Clinton. The fact a businessmen is able to rise to the role to presidency is at least in some respects admirable, and suits within the American system of a meritocratic system. Many of the complaints of him seem to resonate around his rhetoric and lack of experience (no detailed policy/direction and thus risk), however taking a new approach within the realms of the constitution in light of contemporary issues perhaps is what America needs. Just look at how trump managed to mobilised such widespread support in areas such as Michigan, Wisconsin and even Florida which had seemingly felt so distanced and in some ways disenfranchised.

Hope that somewhat helps!

ReputationRep:
    Well he has a nice shade of orange skin.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Great hair.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone write me a essay about positives on Donald trump as i like the guy but don't know many positives.
    The way you asked, you sounded like my last period teacher on a Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Well he has a nice shade of orange skin.
    Well I guess orange IS the New Black

ReputationRep:
    He wants to govern in the best interests of the American people, who he is responsible for, rather than the world, like most countries do these days before putting their own first. Working class people don't care about gdp or foreign investment, they want jobs to go to and to be able to have a house and raise a family on a normal lifestyle. Donald will change things and the reason people voted for him is because he acts like a normal person. People can relate to his statements and him.

ReputationRep:
    One positive he doesn't blame Russia for everything like Clinton

ReputationRep:
    he is a hands-on guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    He wants to govern in the best interests of the American people, who he is responsible for, rather than the world, like most countries do these days before putting their own first. Working class people don't care about gdp or foreign investment, they want jobs to go to and to be able to have a house and raise a family on a normal lifestyle. Donald will change things and the reason people voted for him is because he acts like a normal person. People can relate to his statements and him.
    This is the most ignorant comment I have ever seen. Do you know what happens if a country has a low gdp? A worse off economy, so more unemployment. As for foreign investment, how is that not important? Foreign investment creates more jobs. How do you expect people to have a "normal lifestyle" if the economy is in utter ****?

ReputationRep:
    1. Hilary isn't in charge.
    2. Fart jokes

ReputationRep:
    Donald Trump is good because he will continue to be friends and trade with UK after Brexit. He will also stop TTIP. Donald Trump was also against invading Afghanistan and the middle east. He keeps it real and I respect him. I wish him the best and I wish our country the best in our journey to Brexit freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    I love it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.