Does makeup really gives you confidence Watch

annabirks
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
L’Oreal conducted a survey which states that “85% of the women said that make up gives them confidence and increase their work ability”. I need your reviews on that. Does makeup really gives you confidence.
AmaiOcha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not sure about "Increasing my work ability" sounds a bit like a slap in the face. Makeup doesn't affect my ability to do my job well, or study well. :/
I love makeup. I have a massive passion for it and enjoy doing it every day. It does make me feel more confident, but I don't use makeup it cover up and I don't contour to change the shape of my face. I try to look as natural as possible, and emphasise my eyes with colours that go with what I'm wearing. It makes me feel nice, like when you get dressed for the day and love the pair of jeans you have on, or the jumper you have just bought and want to show everyone. But in that respect, when you have a pair of jeans on that make your legs look fab etc it will make you feel fab for the day.
People expect you wear makeup, which then puts pressure on women to use it, so in that sense, I can understand why people will feel more confident if they know people won't judge them.
It doesn't affect your ability to do your job well. It will affect how you feel about yourself, and how anxious you are about people judging you.
yoshiro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AmaiOcha)
I'm not sure about "Increasing my work ability" sounds a bit like a slap in the face. Makeup doesn't affect my ability to do my job well, or study well. :/
I wanted to say the same thing.

I enjoy putting on makeup but I feel equally confident with and without it.
Supernova36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Truthfully? I look like a crackhead without it !

I agree with the other posters though, If I go into work without makeup on it wouldn't make me less efficient or make me work any less !
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you feel you look good, you feel good about yourself. And if you're feeling confident then yes that can improve your mood and also help you feel just generally more positive and confident in your work and abilities. It can have a lead on effect, but. I think it actually says more about people who completely lack confidence without it - as feeling negative about yourself can also effect your judgement and make you doubt your work.
annabirks
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My point was that people who have mediocre looks may have that issue. My friend has the same issue. She can’t think of going outside without wearing makeup. Well, if you are good looking, then with makeup and without makeup does not make any difference.

(Original post by sinfonietta)
If you feel you look good, you feel good about yourself. And if you're feeling confident then yes that can improve your mood and also help you feel just generally more positive and confident in your work and abilities. It can have a lead on effect, but. I think it actually says more about people who completely lack confidence without it - as feeling negative about yourself can also effect your judgement and make you doubt your work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%
Putting on a brave face (228)
13.73%
Impatient (210)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise