Turn on thread page Beta

It would make sense if it was the hospital you were visiting, however on all applications I've seen, they state that they need evidence that your home institution will continue to pay you during the entire year!

Was wondering if this is how it works? Does anybody have any idea how this works?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It would make sense if it was the hospital you were visiting, however on all applications I've seen, they state that they need evidence that your home institution will continue to pay you during the entire year!

Was wondering if this is how it works? Does anybody have any idea how this works?
    I think that is the case yes. Certainly, that's how it works when a hospital offers places in an off-site psych hospital - the 'home' hospital still pays, and in return they get to say that their training program includes inpatient psychiatry.

I guess that's why don't your FY2 abroad is not very common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Hey OP. Just wondering where you were considering doing your FY2 abroad, and what deanery you are at now? I'm really interested in doing my FY2 abroad but information is so sparse about the whole process!

ReputationRep:
    first check to see if your deanery allows it. very few do if i recall.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to complete FY2 in the states, right now trying to get ECFMG certified by taking Step 1, 2cs and ck, which I believe are a requirement for US programs to even consider you, but again, there's not too much information about this, anybody else know anybody who managed to do this?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.