Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a £3000 maintenance loan which I really dont need seeing as I work and also live with my parents who dont want to take any money as rent (i have offered). I logged into student finance but I cant see where to stop getting more payments, I have had 1 payment of ~£1000 so far (started in October). Also, would i need to pay a bit more in interest?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenGeorge)
    I have a £3000 maintenance loan which I really dont need seeing as I work and also live with my parents who dont want to take any money as rent (i have offered). I logged into student finance but I cant see where to stop getting more payments, I have had 1 payment of ~£1000 so far (started in October). Also, would i need to pay a bit more in interest?

Thanks
    Phone Student Finance and they'll explain what to do in order to cancel future Maintenance Loan payments (make it clear that you want to continue getting the Tuition Fee Loan).

The interest on your loans is charged from the first day you get them. So yes, interest on the £1000 you've had so far will continue to build up.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by BenGeorge)

Thanks
    You would need to complete a "Maintenance Loan Request Form" and put how much maintenance loan you now want.

You can get this either by calling up and getting it posted to you or go into your online account and try amend your maintenance loan and it will give you a link to the form.

Cheers

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.