Turn on thread page Beta

I got called ugly for the first time watch

Ive always been called attractive so this is the first time ive been called ugly. so my friend sent a guy a picture of my trying to set me up -_- and he replied 'err' implying that i was ugly. then he said its because im not wearing makeup (i was wearing it, but minimal) this has made me think do i need to wear more makeup in real life :cry:

this is the first time this has happened. its made me wonder if i really i am ugly and everyone just lies to me to my face.

guys never call a girl ugly it shoots their self confidence down to 0

i feel like crying

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone in the world is going to think you're beautiful, hard truth ! However, one person's opinion should not determine how you think about yourself as a whole. He obviously isn't the right person for you, dust yourself off and carry on doll !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i feel like crying
    Get a grip.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Relax

Hold yourself in better esteem than breaking down when one person doesn't think you are attractive. Nobody is found attractive by everybody and who cares anyway. Some guys are arses and call anyone ugly because they hold themselves in too high esteem.

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Relax

Hold yourself in better esteem than breaking down when one person doesn't think you are attractive. Nobody is found attractive by everybody and who cares anyway. Some guys are arses and call anyone ugly because they hold themselves in too high esteem.
    your right, he could have been nicer. he goes im 'awful'

ReputationRep:
    What you gotta remember is you can't please everyone.
    In this world there will be people that think you are attractive and people that think you aren't (regardless whether you wear make up or not).
    That was just one guy's opinion of you, take it on the chin because you are better than this ^-^

ReputationRep:
    Ive always been called attractive so this is the first time ive been called ugly. so my friend sent a guy a picture of my trying to set me up -_- and he replied 'err' implying that i was ugly. then he said its because im not wearing makeup (i was wearing it, but minimal) this has made me think do i need to wear more makeup in real life :cry:

this is the first time this has happened. its made me wonder if i really i am ugly and everyone just lies to me to my face.

Chances are you don't look too bad; why let one man's opinion shake you so much? Even the most beautiful celebrities in the world have their dislikers. You can't be attractive to everyone because everyone has different aesthetic tastes. Just don't date this guy because he's obviously not for you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    your right, he could have been nicer. he goes im 'awful'
    Guys call Beyonce ugly. Guys are dicks, especially ones that would call somebody ugly to their face. Let it go and have some more respect for yourself

ReputationRep:

Post a picture.
    We'll see whether you're ugly or not.
    I doubt you are

ReputationRep:
    "Guys call Beyoncé ugly". That's completely true. Some guys are absolute idiots, and if you aren't their type, will refer to you as ugly even when you can be quite the opposite. He's obviously a complete ****, his loss not yours.

Thanks everyone :console:

ReputationRep:
    My teacher once told me "there is always going to someone prettier than you and someone uglier". Harsh, but it was supposed to make a girl in my class feel better.

ReputationRep:
    He is clearly a shallow idiot, secondly everyone has their own type. That's not me trying to sugar coat things because I'm being honest. I see girls who are clearly attractive to a lot of guys, but I don't find them particularly attractive because they aren't my type.

Stay positive, I'm sure you are cute as hell. Just have confidence

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about one guy's opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone :console:
    how can you be ugly if I'm ugly. That's identity theft

ReputationRep:
    He's not worth your time. Sadly girls never seem to win... If we wear makeup we're fake, if we don't, we're "ugly". He's obviously shallow. I bet you're drop dead gorgeous, both body and soul <3
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh god, how will you go on???

ReputationRep:
    A topic wasn't needed for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes guys call girls who are fit as **** ugly, its a pickup technique called "negging"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.