urine samples? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i was getting bubbles/foam in urine and did a urine sample at the doctors, before it i drank quite a bit of water so im worried that this will scupper results as it was clearer than it usually is, will this have a big effect
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i was getting bubbles/foam in urine and did a urine sample at the doctors, before it i drank quite a bit of water so im worried that this will scupper results as it was clearer than it usually is, will this have a big effect
Probably not, but just mention it when you talk to the doc about reaults anyway. Might make any resuts less strong, but they should still be able to detect anything. If you are really concerned though you could call and check.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kindred)
Probably not, but just mention it when you talk to the doc about reaults anyway. Might make any resuts less strong, but they should still be able to detect anything. If you are really concerned though you could call and check.
great it came back fine, do you know if microscopic urinalysis would be able to spot protein?
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
great it came back fine, do you know if microscopic urinalysis would be able to spot protein?
No idea. If you have any concerns talk to your doc. Did they say anything about needing to have an appointment or do more tests when you got your results?

Edit:
Gave a quick google and a microscopic urinalysis appears to be somebody looking at your sample under a microscope. If protien is visible they should be able to recognise it. Protein would have also shown up with a dip test which is usually done first.
I'd phone your surgery and ask to talk to a doctor about test results especially if you are still getting symptoms. I wouldn't worry though. If nothing showed up it probably means whatever the issue is is passing.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do you think you've got microalbuminuria?
Anonymous #1
No idea. If you have any concerns talk to your doc. Did they say anything about needing to have an appointment or do more tests when you got your results?
they said nothing more needs to be done but if my urine is foamy what else could that be due to
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
Why do you think you've got microalbuminuria?
bubbles/foam in urine is a key symptom isnt it?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
bubbles/foam in urine is a key symptom isnt it?
So is pissing really hard into a loo that's had bleach down it.

Don't be so quick to jump to unlikely diagnoses.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
they said nothing more needs to be done but if my urine is foamy what else could that be due to
Foamy urine can apparently occur from dehydration or fast flow of urine, so could just be that you hadn't had much to drink or had some minor issue which has passed. If they said no action needs to be taken, just keep an eye on it and go back if it gets worse or you notice anything else strange. Sounds like it is nothing to worry about and should go away soon.
It also appears that the reason your sample was less foamy is because most foam is caused by impact with the toilet water and you will have been urinating in an empty container.

Hope that helps. I used this site to get most of the info so you can check it out yourself if you want...
http://www.healthline.com/health/foamy-urine#Causes3
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
So is pissing really hard into a loo that's had bleach down it.

Don't be so quick to jump to unlikely diagnoses.
ive had it for ages now and it has become more visible the foam doesnt disappear either, ill see how it goes i had pain near the kidneys the other day which prompted the doctor visit
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ive had it for ages now and it has become more visible the foam doesnt disappear either, ill see how it goes i had pain near the kidneys the other day which prompted the doctor visit
Well, your doctor is best placed to diagnose and treat this. Good luck.
Anonymous #1
Foamy urine can apparently occur from dehydration or fast flow of urine, so could just be that you hadn't had much to drink or had some minor issue which has passed. If they said no action needs to be taken, just keep an eye on it and go back if it gets worse or you notice anything else strange. Sounds like it is nothing to worry about and should go away soon.
It also appears that the reason your sample was less foamy is because most foam is caused by impact with the toilet water and you will have been urinating in an empty container.

Hope that helps. I used this site to get most of the info so you can check it out yourself if you want...
http://www.healthline.com/health/foamy-urine#Causes3

thanks alot thats helped its been relitavely ongoing now so ill see what happens, i dont really know of any other symptoms with kidney problems except pain which i had after exercise, i may see if they actually tested for protein then revisit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%