Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've started at Tesco checkouts, its fine mostly, I've worked tills at express before but now I'm at an extra and they haven't trained me in unlocking security tags (something I've never done before) Clothes/drinks tags I picked up pretty easily but the "spider" locks on expensive items and the security boxes I've got no clue. Whenever I ask for help someone just does it for me so fast I don't know what they did! It's so frustrating idk what to do...

ReputationRep:
    How is it? I have my induction on saturday and I'm working on checkouts.

ReputationRep:
    When you ask for help, people probably assume you have a stubborn spider tag that won't come off (and want them just to have a go) rather than realising you don't know how to do it at all.

There are different types of spider tag so the exact specifics will depend on which type it is, but basically on the tag will be either two holes or two indentations, and, with the detagger key (the one on the spiral wire), put its two 'teeth' into those holes/indentations with the magnet side facing the centre of the tag. Once in place, squeeze the sides of the tag (usually where the wire joins the plastic) and it'll pop out.

Just remember to then wind them up fully when done or they get tangled up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting checkouts on monday. I'm nervous for my first day, where do I go? Do you get a lot of training or is it brief?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron702)
    I'm starting checkouts on monday. I'm nervous for my first day, where do I go? Do you get a lot of training or is it brief?
    Hey, don't worry about it.I only started on checkouts last Friday, and I had my till training last Wednesday, and it wasn't so bad. I'm only 16, and I was nervous but it was fine. They usually just tell you stuff like how to work the till, and the rules in the booklet they have. Such as, how to work the lottery strips but there is a LOT of stuff in the book, but you definitely don't need to remember a lot of it , just the basics.( I can't remember a lot to be honest.)

Plus, when doing the training, when did it, I did about 1.5 hours of training, and the other 2 hours on the actual tills. But it's easy to pick up on though in my opinion.
    Also, when you go there, go to the customer service desk, and they should tell you where you need to go. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solitude12)
    Hey, don't worry about it.I only started on checkouts last Friday, and I had my till training last Wednesday, and it wasn't so bad. I'm only 16, and I was nervous but it was fine. They usually just tell you stuff like how to work the till, and the rules in the booklet they have. Such as, how to work the lottery strips but there is a LOT of stuff in the book, but you definitely don't need to remember a lot of it , just the basics.( I can't remember a lot to be honest.)

Plus, when doing the training, when did it, I did about 1.5 hours of training, and the other 2 hours on the actual tills. But it's easy to pick up on though in my opinion.
    Also, when you go there, go to the customer service desk, and they should tell you where you need to go. Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the advice, had my first day yesterday and it went really well. I went to customer service and they called a manager over. They sat me down with a young girl who I watched for 20 mins or so before I went off on my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron702)
    Thanks for the advice, had my first day yesterday and it went really well. I went to customer service and they called a manager over. They sat me down with a young girl who I watched for 20 mins or so before I went off on my own.
    Glad it went well. It wasn't that hard now was it? But really, now you just need to relax a bit now as it isn't that scary as some may think.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.