Turn on thread page Beta

Still no sex after 4 months of relationship. watch

ReputationRep:
    so I have been "dating" this girl for 4 months, and we still haven't done it yet.

It frustrates me because all my mates have sex with their gf's all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terraform)
    so I have been "dating" this girl for 4 months, and we still haven't done it yet.

It frustrates me because all my mates have sex with their gf's all the time.
    OK? how about you talk to her about it ? You won't know how she's feeling until you talk to her. Also consider the fact she may not be ready to take things to that level yet.

ReputationRep:
    Get a side girl.

It's not cheating if your main gf won't put out.

Sexual life is not a competition. The fact your mates got laid does not mean you have to, that you're somehow worse then they are or even that your relationship is incomplete. You can be really close to someone without sleeping with them or have a very shallow relationship based solely on sex. Needless to say the prior last longer.

If it bothers you, talk about it. Just don't be pushy, when its time it'll come naturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sexual life is not a competition. The fact your mates got laid does not mean you have to, that you're somehow worse then they are or even that your relationship is incomplete. You can be really close to someone without sleeping with them or have a very shallow relationship based solely on sex. Needless to say the prior last longer.

If it bothers you, talk about it. Just don't be pushy, when its time it'll come naturally.
    Completely disagree.

If you're not having sex twice a week minimum, your relationship is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Get a side girl.

It's not cheating if your main gf won't put out.
    Ignore this post. It is still cheating. Also, dishonest and cruel.

OP; everyone has sex at their own pace. Some wait weeks, months, even years to have sex with someone they love. Yours truly waited a year. Sex is great, but don't make it focal point of your relationship.

Talk to her and see where both your heads are at. Maybe she just needs more time.

Completely disagree.

I guess we have different ideas of what the core of a relationship is.

Though frankly I hope you're joking/trolling in your previous post :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)

OP; everyone has sex at their own pace. Some wait weeks, months, even years to have sex with someone they love. Yours truly waited a year. Sex is great, but don't make it focal point of your relationship.

Talk to her and see where both your heads are at. Maybe she just needs more time.
    No it's not. You can't cheat in a game that only one person is playing.

I'd say ignore the post above. Wait a year? That's what's known in strict medical terms as being taken for a mug.

ReputationRep:
    If this makes you unhappy with the relationship then have a discussion about it and ask when she sees sex being a part of the relationship. If her response is something you aren't happy with then break up and find someone you're more compatible with.

Whatever you do don't try and pressure her/convince her to have sex sooner than she is ready for.

ReputationRep:
    If you were hot you wouldn't need a relationship to have sex. If you really cared for your girl you wouldn't be acting like this.

Your problem is caused by you not being hot enough to get what you want, and not being strong enough to communicate this.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not. You can't cheat in a game that only one person is playing.

I'd say ignore the post above. Wait a year? That's what's known in strict medical terms as being taken for a mug.
    Things I don't want to cheat on her.
    But also don't want to wait too long.

ReputationRep:
    Yours truly waited a year.
    Was that your decision, or were you made to wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Her Way)
    If you were hot you wouldn't need a relationship to have sex. If you really cared for your girl you wouldn't be acting like this.

Your problem is caused by you not being hot enough to get what you want, and not being strong enough to communicate this.
    How is this related to being hot?.
    And I am hot believe me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terraform)
    Things I don't want to cheat on her.
    But also don't want to wait too long.
    Nothing wrong with giving an ultimatum.

If you told her she had to wait 4 months for a date, or a hug or some romantic crap - you'd be the worst boyfriend in the world. So you having to wait 4 months for regular sex is completely unacceptable. If she's not ready - you have to respect that, but either move on, or get a sub-contractor in there.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her. See where she stands. Just don't put any pressure on her. It might be she thinks she's ready now but didn't know how to initiate it or it might be that she's thinking a year or more - in which case it's still better to know.

I've seen cases where girls have sex easily with specific type of guys, or better yet they have one night stands. All of a sudden they find a good guy for long term relationship and make him work hard and wait a long time for the sex. ****ed up if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    Oh, if only life were so black and white, on or off, 1 or 0. Where did you get the 'twice a week or it's a joke' thing from? Why not 3 times? Or 8? Or 50?

ReputationRep:
    :doh:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've seen cases where girls have sex easily with specific type of guys, or better yet they have one night stands. All of a sudden they find a good guy for long term relationship and make him work hard and wait a long time for the sex. ****ed up if you ask me
    It happens, may not be happening here, we don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Drop her. She will put out to a guy she likes, clearly doesn't like you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Oh, if only life were so black and white, on or off, 1 or 0. Where did you get the 'twice a week or it's a joke' thing from? Why not 3 times? Or 8? Or 50?
    Because he has gone for a minimum.

Sorry but there is something seriously wrong with your relationship if she can't even stand to have you in her for more than two times a week.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.