Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Recently, I've grown close to this boy who I would now say is one of my best friends (that's all it is before anyone says anything), yet the rest of my friendship group find him annoying and actively avoid him, and therefore me. I have no issues with him, and I know he's insecure about people liking him, so what do I do? When he's not there, the rest talk about how annoying he is, and I'm the only one who stands up for him. I don't know whether I should talk to him about it, or the rest of my friends? I know some people will say that I should try to avoid them, but I don't talk to anyone else, and we've been friends so long that I honestly don't understand why they're being like this when they're the nicest bunch of people. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was going to be another thread on Donald Trump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I thought it was going to be another thread on Donald Trump.
    haha me too!

ReputationRep:
    sorry for the misleading title but could I actually get some advice lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your friends are jealous? Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    i think you should ask them what the problem is with him and why they don't like him. if its nothing serious try and change their minds? remember if you like him that you shouldnt change yourself so don't let their opinions stop you from being his friend. but yeah just ask them i guess, if they're really nice like you said then they'll be honest with you. maybe don't bring it up to him if hes insecure because that could make him sad and that's not good- hope it all works out!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.